What's new

Asus RT-N12+ B1 how to set Bandwidth Limiter under 0.1 Mb/s

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lysy1234

New Around Here
How to set Bandwidth Limiter under 0.1 Mb/s? My router is Asus RT-N12+ B1. FW version is 3.0.0.4.380_10410.

It's not possible to do that through the router's web interface.

You might be able to do it from the router's command line provided you're proficient enough with such things. SSH onto the router and issue the following command and see what it returns.

nvram get qos_bw_rulelist

What is "SSH"? Can you tell me how to do this?
If you don't already know what this is then it's probably beyond the scope of a forum to teach you.

But I would question how effective it would actually be trying the limit the bandwidth to less than 0.1 Mbps. Can you explain why you need to limit it to such a fine degree? What kind of internet connection do you have, ADSL?

Try entering 1 as your upload bandwidth and 2 as your download bandwidth, then click Apply. Do you now see more options?

You might find that your problem is solved just by using those default rules.

If it isn't you could try deleting all four of those rules and creating two new rules. The first rule would have the MAC address of your gaming machine, a protocol of "any" and a priority of "Highest". The second rule would have the MAC address of your sister's device, a protocol of "any" and a priority of "Lowest".

You might also want to change the "Maximum Bandwidth Limit" for both downloads and uploads to be 50% for the "Lowest" priority.