What's new

ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.4180

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slyphnier

Occasional Visitor
Asus reviving the EOL RT-N56U ... change log :

ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.4180
Security related
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2j to fix security issues.
- Updated Dropbear SSH to 2016.74 to fixe security issues.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding XSS.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF.
- Added protection for Brute-force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed Chrome, Edge and IE compatibility issues.
- Fixed quick internet setting wizard compatibility issues.
- Fixed AiCloud related issues.

MD5: 9bc90688ac30d268a8afb55640978092

Based what i tried with this new firmware :
1. you can now change username, before(past firmware) username only stick to "admin"

2. Note: for people using Static WAN address, not sure if it bug or what, but with this firmware it seems ASUS change the MAC address to sub address/wireless mac instead LAN Mac
i found out that when i log to modem as the router fail to connect to modem/internet, and to check my static ip setting, it changed to wireless MAC

3. there some sort of bug, on system log it will flooding with
kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read metadata cache entry [6920a2]
and if you look CPU status on Network Map, the CPU running 100%... basically the system hang or something like that, command become sluggish, and not accepting reboot
But after recycling power everything back to normal
i will keep in watch about this incase this happen again, this is first time after update when doing resetting (as i reset the setting after update)

will update if i find any new things with this firmware

Are people still running AsusWRT on RT-56u ? thought most have moved on to Padavan Firmware

Are people still running AsusWRT on RT-56u ? thought most have moved on to Padavan Firmware
I am, as I don't know any better. Please what are the pro's and con's of the 2 firmwares?

Padavan has superiour stability compared to the asuswrt, there is a thread here on the forum for it.

Realize that only a minority of router owners do visit forums like this. If router manufacturers must live from the visitors of these forums, they would no longer exist.
Far most owners are just plain users who are not even aware of firmware, let alone updating firmware or replacing firmware.

Still free to express an opinion as far as i know this is still an open place and recommending a better firmware then the original isnt a bad thing.

Padavan is like "tweaked" or "optimized" version indeed

but for me, i simply use asuswrt because i didn't get any major issues neither stability issue with it

back when i use padavan there is a feature that available on asuswrt but not available on padavan.
i am not really remember what it is, but back then i roll back to asuswrt because of it, until now

well imho in the end, there is pros and cons even for "outdated" asuswrt

When I search for my "R" version it doesn't show this update. Meanwhile 380.3264 has been running quite well on mine though I'd hoped for an update by now. As an average user I see no real advantage in moving to Merlin or Padavan...my $.02 :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!