What's new

Asus RT-N66R or Netgear WNDR4500?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grillhead

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,
I recently purchased an Asus RT-N66R and so far, I'm not sure if it's what I want/need or not. I am thinking about exchanging it for the same thing because of some issues I've had with the 2.4 radio, but I'm also wondering if I shouldn't just exchange it for a Netgear WNDR4500. Here's my stats:

-1700 sq. ft. two story house
-Running two Windows laptops, 2 Vizio WiFi enabled televisions, 2 Android smartphones, 1 Wii U (Will have another laptop and possibly a Roku added in when my mother moves in with us)
-Using Time Warner cable internet (15/1)
-Wanting something simple to use. The option of QoS and such is nice, but I never messed with it with my old WRT54g and I doubt I would with the new one, either. Flashable alternative firmwares are nice as well, but not mandatory for my needs.

I think that's about it. I'd even buy something cheaper if I thought it would work as well, but I figure these two are pretty safe bets. So, what do you guys think?