What's new

ASUS RT-N66U dropping connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheeAngel

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT-N66U and I bought it new a few months ago. Recently I have had frequent connection drops, wired and wireless. I will be gaming or streaming most of the time and in Fortnite I can see my internet stats, my packet loss goes to 100% and my ping skyrockets. I've been looking at the router logs recently and have seen these drops occur. I have looked all over the internet trying every solution I find to no avail. We have had multiple techs out from our ISP and they have checked up and down with no problems on their end. The connection will be fine for a while and then it will drop packets like a mad man and the connection drops completely and then resets. I've tried Merlin and made sure everything was up to date, not sure what to do anymore. Please help!

Have you checked the logs on the router to see if the WAN link is dropping? With the issues on wired and wireless, you should be looking at the WAN link or the ISP modem.

I have wired directly to the modem without the router in the loop and was no longer experiencing the issue. But, I need the router seeing as I am running multiple devices lol