What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I get this message trying to update the firmware.
"
The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."

I logged off, connected to my ASUS account and downloaded the firmware, logged back on to the router, but this message will not go away and let me install it. Any ideas how to make this happen?

Power cycle the router. If that does not work do a factory reset, minimum config then flash from the unzipped download from Asus. If all else fails use the recovery tool.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I get this message trying to update the firmware.
"
The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."

I logged off, connected to my ASUS account and downloaded the firmware, logged back on to the router, but this message will not go away and let me install it. Any ideas how to make this happen?

afaik asus version check server no longer updated OR xml data on server side no longer getting updates
especially for EOL devices

I just updated to this, and found a possible bug... Entering the WDS page apparently crashes the web interface. It doesn't seem to work until the router is rebooted. Nmap still shows the port (80) as open but the interface does not work.

I just updated to this, and found a possible bug... Entering the WDS page apparently crashes the web interface. It doesn't seem to work until the router is rebooted. Nmap still shows the port (80) as open but the interface does not work.
My 88U is doing the very same thing today showing this odd message when I try to access the GUI firmware page.

a lot of link drop after install the new FW and the ultimate merlin version.
going back to 7378 from asus.

ISP up to 400mb over here...
=[

now is everything okay