1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50470

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by hfm, May 15, 2018.

1. hfm

hfm Occasional Visitor

The three CVE's have not yet been disclosed in the MITRE db as of yet..
    https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTN66U/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I have the information regarding these three CVEs. Only one is critical, the two others are less critical information disclosure.

The most critical of these was already fixed for models running firmware newer than 384_20308 (can't remember which corresponding 382_xxxx introduced the fix).

hfm likes this.
  4. o-l-a-v

o-l-a-v Occasional Visitor

Just flashed this. Reset, flash, reset, setup from scratch in Web GUI.

I enabled access over https (LAN only), but it seems veery slow with loading the web gui. It most often times out, "192.168.1.1 took too long to respond".

Are others experiencing this?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. episyron

episyron Occasional Visitor

Just flashed it too, and web gui is working ok. What browser are you using? For me Firefox has been working best for web gui at least in Linux. Try clearing cookies and site data from your browser for 192.168.1.1.

6. hfm

hfm Occasional Visitor

It's a good practice to dump your browser cache when you update the firmware. I've had problems where the UI just didn't plain work at all until I dumped cache.

7. o-l-a-v

o-l-a-v Occasional Visitor

When it first happened in Chrome, I tested using incognito mode in both Edge and Chrome. It still did not load.
    I usually do hard refresh when something seems broken. Did not help this time.

8. dave14305

dave14305 New Around Here

Would this release from ASUS be a "step up" from Merlin's final 380.70 release for the N66U, given that it's the first 382 release for this router? I understand that Merlin backported many features and fixes from 382 over time, but it still has me wondering. Thanks for your thoughts.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!