What's new

Asus RT-N66U H/W B1 - no lights, Wi-Fi signal, lan connection, or wan connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

audit13

New Around Here
Hi,

Total newbie here so please forgive me if my situation has been addressed in another post. I searched but could not find a similar thread.

I was given an Asus RT-N66U to look at because it looks to be bricked.

I connect the original adapter to a power source and the adapter's power LED glows a steady blue.

I connect the adapter to the router, press the power button, and nothing happens in that the LEDs do not light up, none of the lan ports are detected by my desktop, and the wan port isn't detected by my Hitron cable modem/router combo. The heatsink gets warm if I leave it powered up for 20 to 30 minutes.

What I have done so far:

1) removed the outer casing and could not find physical damage (no leaking capacitors, broken connections, or board damage);
2) tried another power adapter with the same result of no lights and router heatsink warming up (doesn't get too hot to touch);
3) pressing reset button while connecting the power supply;
4) pressing WPS button while connecting the power supply; and
5) leaving the router plugged in and powered up overnight.

Other suggestions or is it completely bricked and should be recycled?

Any information would be greatly appeciated.

When you say #3, do you mean the button to do a factory reset or is it the power button? There's a small button across from the power button that will do this.

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post.

For #3, the power button was placed into the on position and the reset button was held down when I inserted the power cord. I held the reset button for about two minutes. Unfortunately, this procedure did not result in any lighted or flashing LEDs.

Unfortunately, I don't have any history with respect to the router. I'll be dropping it off at a local electronics recycling centre this weekend.