What's new

ASUS RT-N66U issues with ipad

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanjay

New Around Here
I am running into following issues when I use my ipad2 (IOS 6.1) to access the network via N66U router.

E-mail. (POP)-- I am unable to reply to any email. Incoming email works fine. The behavior is the same with apple icloud email service.

Facebook : Gives network error in the news feed section only

Apps Store – Unable to access.

Facetime - fails

I have no issues when I use the DD-WRT firmware. With all other firmware’s. (Asus stock firmware, Tomato shabby build and Merlin) I run into the above problems. I have tried all the latest builds of these firmwares.

I reached out to Asus and they have replaced the router once. I believe it’s the firmware issue since the issues are not seen with DD-WRT. Apple has also replaced the ipad once..

I don’t want to stick with DD-WRT and would prefer using any one of the other 3 firmware’s.

I am hoping to tap into this user community and get some feedback on how to resolve these issues.

Thanks & Rgs

Last edited:
Since my iPad (also iOS 6.0.1) works fine with my rt-n66u (and always has through every firmware I've used since April when I got it), not quite sure where to start. You didn't mention what firmware version you're using, or give any information about your settings, what procedure you use when you upgrade firmware, or other missing details (like which band are you using, 2.4 or 5GHz, security setup, how much wireless congestion there is in your area, etc.). It could even have to do with client devices interacting in some way on your router.

Can you please give more information about these things, there's a million possibilities of what could be happening. Like I said, the firmware has been solid for me and my iPad, so there's very likely other things going on.

Last edited:
I have tried the following builds so far

Stock - 3.0.0.4.[220 - 246]
Tomato shibby - K26USB-1.28RT-N5x-MIPSR2-102-AIO-64k.trx
Merlin - RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_246_19b.trx

I have always used the ipad with 2.4 (b/g), WPA2-AES.

Thanks

Try the official 3.0.0.3.178 version. That's the most stable for me which works with all my Apple devices...

X 2 on .178. I use it and have all the apple devices. No issues.

I did install the .178 version of the firmware and did clear the NVRAM prior and after the install of the firmware.

I have no success in resolving the issues described in my first post of this thread..