1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS RT-N66U (No Internet Connection on certain devices)

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by Kevin1983, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Kevin1983

Kevin1983 New Around Here

Hi all,

I have searched everywhere for a solution to this problem but have had no luck.

I have an ASUS RT-N66U and some of my android devices (2 phones and 1 tablet) cannot access the internet through the router. The devices connect to the router without any problem and are assigned dynamic IP addresses as expected. However, webpages and apps do not load up. The phones and tablets are pretty new.

Several other phones, tablets and laptops work fine with the router.

My current work around is to enable the Guest Network on the router. When the phones are connected to the guest network they both work fine.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Eric v

Eric v New Around Here

Did you ever come up with a reason for this happening? I have had the same thing going on since January. I am running Merlin on my router. I've re-set and reconfigured to a downlevel version of Merlin, and it worked for a while (i.e. until last week) but now has begun to not connect Android devices to the internet. They still connect to the router, but report "No Internet Connection". Any help would be appreciated.

-E

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!