What's new

Asus rt-N66u VLan, no internet on IPTV/Voip ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nlsquare

New Around Here
Hello

First and foremost, I'm waiting for a new router to be back in stock to upgrade so this will just be a temporary fix.

I currently have a rt-n66u with a 500mbps fiber connection, recently upgraded from 400mbps cable connection. I used to have 3 computers and magicjack connected to the router.

In order for my new fiber connection to work with the router, my ISP required to manually set the router to Vlan40. Once I did that, the computers connected to port 3 and 4 (iptv and voip ports) are no longer able to communicate with the router and therefore, no internet connection.

I'm not sure how to fix this...

Thank you for your help

Hello

First and foremost, I'm waiting for a new router to be back in stock to upgrade so this will just be a temporary fix.

I currently have a rt-n66u with a 500mbps fiber connection, recently upgraded from 400mbps cable connection. I used to have 3 computers and magicjack connected to the router.

In order for my new fiber connection to work with the router, my ISP required to manually set the router to Vlan40. Once I did that, the computers connected to port 3 and 4 (iptv and voip ports) are no longer able to communicate with the router and therefore, no internet connection.

I'm not sure how to fix this...

Thank you for your help

Under LAN -> IPTV do you have STB port set to "none"? Or depending on the profile you have, if it lets you pick a VID for port 3 and 4 I'm assuming it should probably be 40, or whatever is under "internet".

1683577011111.png

I have set all VID to 40 but nothing out of port 3 and 4. Worse than that... once I set all VID40, I restarted my router and lost connection to every devices. Had to remove VID from those 2 ports and restart router to re-establish internet connection

Last edited:
View attachment 49967

I have set all VID to 40 but nothing out of port 3 and 4. Worse than that... once I set all VID40, I restarted my router and lost connection to every devices. Had to remove VID from those 2 ports and restart router to re-establish internet connection

Looks like the older firmware isn't as flexible as it forces those ports into IPTV and VOIP (multicast). You probably won't be able to use those ports for regular LAN, but a cheap external switch off port 1 or 2 solves that issue.

Looks like the older firmware isn't as flexible as it forces those ports into IPTV and VOIP (multicast). You probably won't be able to use those ports for regular LAN, but a cheap external switch off port 1 or 2 solves that issue.

yeah i figured as much but i was just hoping it was a user error on my part somewhere haha. It's alright, I have to upgrade this router since i'll be having 1000mbps next month anyways. Thank you :)