What's new

Asus RT-N66u wont connect to RT-AC88u as a repeater..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nokas2004

Occasional Visitor
Today I bought a New router. Asus RT-AC88u. The router and network is up and running. No issues. But i also have a RT-N66u, and I have use this one as a repeater. But no, the repeater (N66u) is not able to Connect to the main network..Or, it Connect to nettwork, but i dont get internet acces on the repeater. Not at all. I follow all steps, but it wont Connect. I getting the Message "unable to Connect to parent AP" (see uploaded Picture) What im a doing wrong??? Is there a IP conflict?? Help.. (Main router AC88u have internet conection all time)

Regards
Kim
Norway

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 837
Last edited:
Today I bought a New router. Asus RT-AC88u. The router and network is up and running. No issues. But i also have a RT-N66u, and I have use this one as a repeater. But no, the repeater (N66u) is not able to Connect to the main network..Or, it Connect to nettwork, but i dont get internet acces on the repeater. Not at all. I follow all steps, but it wont Connect. I getting the Message "unable to Connect to parent AP" (see uploaded Picture) What im a doing wrong??? Is there a IP conflict?? Help.. (Main router AC88u have internet conection all time)

Regards
Kim
Norway

I figured out.. The new firmware..384.xx for 88u, disigned for this "Mesh" stuff is not kompatible in repeater mode as long the repeater does not have this firmware.. And this firmware is not avible for 66u. So i have to rolback my firmware version on my 88u.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!