What's new

ASUS RT3100 conflicting with NAD T758 v3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shades228

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an AC3100 and something in it is conflicting with my AVR which is a NAD T758 v3. This AVR has a webui and needs to be able to be detected by software on a PC. I finally got it to work once after I disabled Samba but then stopped working again. I cannot ping the avr either.

Currently I have it setup as an assigned IP through DHCP. I have UPNP enabled as well as port trigger enabled. Any help would be appreciated as I need to be able to access this consistently to setup the DSP in the AVR.

Have you successfully gone through the setup procedure in the NAD's manual and switched the NAD from "hotspot" mode to being connected to the Asus? If so the NAD should show as being connected on the router's System Log > Wireless Log page.

(WAN)UPnP and port trigger are to do with the firewall and the ability to connect to your home network from the internet. This has nothing to do with the NAD.

Last edited:
Have you successfully gone through the setup procedure in the NAD's manual and switched the NAD from "hotspot" mode to being connected to the Asus? If so the NAD should show as being connected on the router's System Log > Wireless Log page.

(WAN)UPnP and port trigger are to do with the firewall and the ability to connect to your home network from the internet. This has nothing to do with the NAD.

Yes I have this is how I was able to set it up with an assigned ip.

Are the NAD and the PC both connected to the same wireless network? Are you using any of the wireless guest networks?

Are the NAD and the PC both connected to the same wireless network? Are you using any of the wireless guest networks?

Everything was on the same network and subnet.

What I did notice is that my device list was constantly refreshing. When the items showed up they would have the correct connect time. I went ahead and initialized a factory default. This made some small changes, such as not separating the wireless network and some other small things. However after this it has worked every single time. I'm guessing that the constant firmware updates and never doing a factory reset it just took it's toll.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!