What's new

ASUS RT68U high CPU on both Core 1 and Core 2 on 3.0.0.4.386.xx

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geeyc5113

New Around Here
Hi, I not sure i am the only one having this issue or some of you facing the same issue. After I upgraded my standalone RT68U to any 3.0.0.4.386.xxx, when I download or upload any files, i.e movie from or to my local Synology cloud, I noticed that my wifi connection will be drops. And those access from external to my synology cloud will be disconnected. Upon further checking, I notice whenever I download /upload movie, my RT68U both core 1 and core 2 utilization will shoot up to 100% which causing my wifi drop and external access disconnected.

I have tried many suggestion from the forum, my issue still not fixed. At the end, I have to downgrade my RT68U back to 3.0.0.384.81049, the issue gone.

Would like to check if any latest version fix the issue? As at the moment, I dare not to upgrade due to this issue.

It may take a while for the router to settle in after an upgrade. Going from a 384.x to 386.x a full reset and manually configure is recommended.
You need to do this for the security fixes. The 384.x versions are not safe to run these days!

It may take a while for the router to settle in after an upgrade. Going from a 384.x to 386.x a full reset and manually configure is recommended. You need to do this for the security fixes. The 384.x versions are not safe to run these days!

Yes. I know i have to upgrade. But it was a nightmare. I dont think the router need to take so long to settle down. Previously i was having the issue for almost 1 month whenever i download or upload. The cpu is ok if i just perform normal web surfing. The router became unstable whenever i download or upload. Until i downgrade it back to 384.

I can only upgrade it if the issue has been addressed.

You have restored factory settings after updating ?

qt
No. Is it a MUST?
No. But you should factory reset and configure manually. Not recommended to use a restore file on an upgrade. Yes it is a bit of work. But your router should run like new. The AC68U is a very good router! I have an AC66U_B1 which is the same hardware as the AC68U and it runs well on the 386.x Asus code base.