What's new

Asus rt86u Openvpn problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robson

New Around Here
Hi all.

This is my first router and vpn experience so be aware my knowledge about the subject is limited.

Trying to keep the thread short so this is what I´m trying to do, have done, and what works and doesn´t..

(Asus rt86u - fw 384.13)

What I´m trying to do:
-Setup a VPN+ DNS for streaming devices. (LAN)
-Have different vpn clients (1-5) that I can switch on and off when needed.

Have done:
-Followed NordVPN tutorial how to setup their vpn+dns in asus merlin router.

What works:
-VPN work, I can watch US Netflix on my windows computer and andorid phone.

What doesn´t work
1. Netflix detect´s vpn/proxy on Samsung tizen

2. When I setup another vpn client just as I did with the first one from Nordvpn tutorial I get disconnected from internet. Under network map it says i´m not connected to WAN.
But under "vpn status" I can see server data from each client.

3. Trying to force traffic through tunnel to see if it fixes Tv netflix issue, but when I set it to "policy rules" and add source ip I get disconnected from WAN once again.

..That´s about it..?

If anyone have the time to help me out it would be most appreciated!!

You cannot have several clients connected at same time on same port. You have to use different port.

You cannot have several clients connected at same time on same port. You have to use different port.
Hi thanks for your reply. I´ve tried with both udp and tcp. They have different ports. Is there anything else i need to activate?

Okay so if I work with the one client I have up running. how do I get the privacy rule to work so my tv is forced to use nordvpn dns.
I´ve added the tv with ip 0/24 rule to the address but still nothing.. I´ve read about "custom script" but I don´t understand that part that well..

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!