1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus RTAX92U backhaul issue

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by My_dogs_White, Jun 6, 2020.

1. My_dogs_White

My_dogs_White Regular Contributor

I’ve installed two 92U’s in AIMesh. Everything is working well except I’m trying to get wifi6 working. As I understand it, the wifi6 on these routers will only work if you connect the AIMesh via Ethernet. If not the second 5GHz SSID (the one I understand is used for wifi6) is dedicated to wifi connection between the routers. And... no wifi6.

I have successfully set up the second node via Ethernet. I have logged into the router software and changed the node connection priority to wired and yet when I log into the app and toggle off the dedicated wireless backhaul and enable 160MHz, it automatically changes back to dedicated wireless backhaul.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong or what I’m missing?

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Part of the Furniture

No, but I'm interested. I wonder if you have to set things up first (wired backhaul), then add the node?

OE

3. My_dogs_White

Idk.. maybe? I did factory reset both the router and the node before connecting the node to the mesh via ethernet?

4. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Part of the Furniture

Ah, that's the threshold I was wondering about... node was added as wired. And now I see that in your OP (sorry).

Hmmm.

OE

5. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake Senior Member

6. My_dogs_White

Just as an update, I’ve been in contact with ASUS Support. they had me submit a wireless feedback form. I’ll post an update if anything comes of the request.

7. My_dogs_White

I’m very impressed with Asus Support. I have already received a response.

‘I am writing this email to provide you an update about your ongoing case. In accordance with recommendation of our engineers, Ethernet backhaul option for this particular model will still be using the 5HHz-2 band at this time. Our RD team is planning to release the restriction (without using the wireless band) for Ethernet backhaul setup within a month or so via firmware update.

So there we have it! Wifi6 will be working on the 92U via firmware update. I can finally sleep..

L&LD likes this.