What's new

ASUS RTN66U Range Help (Please).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mekks

New Around Here
I just replaced my WRT54GL (Tomato.RAF) with an ASUS RTN66U.

The reason I decided to upgrade was to extend the WiFi range, I am trying to reach threw two brick walls (100-125FT about 5 Apt's away).

Just outside the building at that range I get 2 bars on my iPhone, inside WiFi drops off.

This is on the 2.4Ghz (20mhz) band running 108 FW.

Can anyone advise how to extend the range? Really want to help my brother out and get his 360 online so we can game.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe two APs with a tightly bound directional antenna?

Basically use the APs as a fixed position wireless "cable". Not sure what AP/antenna combination you can buy.

Not going to be cheap though. It's probably specialized equipment at this point.

Maybe two APs with a tightly bound directional antenna?

Basically use the APs as a fixed position wireless "cable". Not sure what AP/antenna combination you can buy.

Not going to be cheap though. It's probably specialized equipment at this point.

Howdy,
you could very easily do that with 2 engenius eoc2611p units. They are priced nicely and will cost total around $140usd

There is no solution for going through multiple brick walls.
If your windows are on the same side of the building and you have line of sight between them, you could use two outdoor bridges as Daybreak suggested.