What's new

Asus "Rubik's Cube"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

Asus Lingyao AX Little Rubik's Cube The Pro 72 $.
[can be purchased on 01.01.2023 in China]

- Quad-Core Broadcom with 1,7 GHz
- Wi-Fi 6 with max. 3000 Mbit/s.
- Special Antennas for arround 200 square meters

988df2f1699f28b76d14e9ae43686db3be30dad3.png

Source (German): https://yyaloo.com/de/posts/asus-ha...e-il-router-lingyao-ax-little-rubiks-cube-pro

Last edited:
This is the definition of UGLY to me. No branding, please!

If Asus or any other manufacturer wants me to boldly advertise for them in my own home, they can pay me for the equipment instead.

Even with big cash paid (to me), this wouldn't make it in my network, even with its 'special' antennae.

Hope 2023 will be a good year for all!

This is the definition of UGLY to me. No branding, please!

If Asus or any other manufacturer wants me to boldly advertise for them in my own home, they can pay me for the equipment instead.

Even with big cash paid (to me), this wouldn't make it in my network, even with its 'special' antennae.

Hope 2023 will be a good year for all!

What a daft comment.

You are here 24/7/365 eulogising ASUS products and now this?

Show us an ASUS router (or one of any other brand) that doesn't have a logo on the casing.

No, my comments are not daft when taken in proper context. In the context of this product (i.e. WAF), it is spot on my comments. Notice how it's presented as 'pretty' in the marketing pics?

I buy equipment based on the hardware contained within, and equally, the performance they offer. The functionality trumps the logo at that point.

Not the case of the 'lifestyle' choices such as the product above. The specs show how low end this is (and the price isn't low enough to justify its shortcomings, for me).

Not very different than currently available Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini or also called XD4:

1672779613242.png

This system is currently on sale in Canada for CAD200 or USD146 equivalent. Looks nice, but not an original idea.

Similar Ubiquiti AirCube with its "special" antennas inside:

1672780112270.png

If it works well - the price under $100 for single unit/router is right. Ugly external antennas are not needed anyway.

This one is super ugly with super ugly price - >€700 in Europe. :)
Considering Asus ROG keeps making these types of designs for their ROG routers, they must know something we don't (such as sales numbers).

I strongly believe mid-range routers sell better for all manufacturers and represent the largest % or sales. If someone wants AX11000 router though - no much of a choice. All ugly "gaming" creatures. I also strongly believe the antennas on most home routers are more for show and less for "performance".

1672785872369.png

The eero line of routers perform pretty good and they have no external antennas.

How about this one then? It has both a logo AND a marketing tagline on it :)

Haven't tested that one (didn't know it existed till now...), but I doubt you'll support it though.

If it proved superior to the GT-AX6000, and received your firmware magic, and was proven stable and reliable, then yes, it may become a contender too.

I like the use of prints (poster size), creatively, to make routers 'disappear' into a room. Even though this one isn't made to look 'nice' for WAF, it doesn't mean it isn't ugly on its own too, with the horrendous text throughout. Even in a teenagers room, this looks 'daft' to me.

While I love the performance of the GT-AX6000 it has to be the ugliest router out there

Weird how many Forum Members judge a router by looks, rather than performance.

I got rid of a Tesla because of ugly uneven gaps around doors. One of the reasons.
Pray tell what type of coils you are using instead - and doesn't the spark gap interfere with WiFi?

It's not hard to find something with better build quality than Tesla. I has the performance, but ugly if you look at details.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!