What's new

ASUS SUPPORT Briqued my RT-AX88U today (was brand new)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike Robichaud

Occasional Visitor
Called the Philippines to get my router set up as I have a PPOE connection and VLAN 35 to setup VLAN TO WAN SUPPORT for my Bell Canada Home Hub 3000 1.5 GIG Modem.

I did a full setup on myself. Everything worked, I got 1gig down and 1 gig up at Speedtest for my lan connection. I have an intel AX200 Wifi Card so I was expecting Big numbers, especially next to the router and there are not a lot of 5Gig connections around my house. I got 560. I then Called Support to see if they could play with the settings to get it going to 1gig+ Wifi as this is possible with this router, service and Speed. They made me Full reset my modem and that was it.....Lan only worked, he made me do all kinds of weird stuff that had nothing to do with my modem and I explained that I needed to get the 160Mhz going and To use the PPOE Interface to connect to the modem. He could not get a SSID anymore. We reset again and again and start again and so on. . Now the Router is a Brick .pretty much. I just got this today, brand new. I had bought a used one from B&H and it arrived in bad shape. I still was able to connect it and get great speeds but decided on sending it back to get a new one with a 2 year warranty. Now they have opened a ticket to a "engineer" and he will call me in 24 to 48 hours. Not really confident that he can do something. I think I am going to call/chat with B&H and just return this piece of Brick and then buy another one I guess?????? Just wanted to vent. Thank you. :(*

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!