What's new

Asus Traditional Qos for latency based games like COd

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xrsenal

Hey everyone.

since cod is extremely latency based, I was wondering if anyone has the best possible traditional QoS settings for latency.

This is what the QoS screen will show below.

1628504791101.gif
1628504808643.jpeg

QOS regulates bandwidth. Not latency.

Hey everyone.

since cod is extremely latency based, I was wondering if anyone has the best possible traditional QoS settings for latency.

This is what the QoS screen will show below.

View attachment 35592View attachment 35593
if possible your best off using flex i stay around 22hms ping to the cold war servers while other things are going on, and my net work is busy.

if possible your best off using flex i stay around 22hms ping to the cold war servers while other things are going on, and my net work is busy.
I have zero clue how to use flex — I did use amtm but that thing did nothing for me. I tried the gaming rule but nah…

The point of QOS is to prevent latency spike associated with saturation of your connection. For a useful comparison imagine trying to flush a toilet with a big payload including too much toilet paper - might take multiple flushes or worse. Compare this with flushing the toilet with a light payload. Single flush - nice and smooth. Trying to stuff too much through the pipe creates a jam - bad for everyone, and awkward. Jams slow things down and the latency sensitive packets scream in agony.

First point - do you actually get latency spikes on loading? Can you post the results from this test without any QOS:

If you get B or worse, then you should use QOS if it results in reduced latency on load.

I like the simplicity and elegance of CAKE and it worked the best for my LTE connection. It may not work well for your connection though if you get > 250Mbit/s.

I would try enabling QoS, CAKE or otherwise, and setting the bandwidth to manual 90% of the minimum bandwidth you see when you run a few speed tests.

Then can you verify that you get A or A+ in the test above and post result link from that too?

I have zero clue how to use flex — I did use amtm but that thing did nothing for me. I tried the gaming rule but nah…
Just turn it on set it to manual then use 95-90 % of your speed test values then after go to category then set the priorities in the required order if you get stuck post in the flex thread or pm me.

Dont worry about latency. As long as you dont have variable latency , then you can pinpoint issues down to packet loss.
The problem with activision is they dont tell you the true packet loss even though they can...