What's new

ASUS Traffic Analyzer - Statistic and reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atlynch61

New Around Here
Hi Folks,
I purchased an RT-AX88U for the express purpose of monitoring data usage against my Comcast cap and figuring out which devices are using more data than expected. I then purchased an RP-AC1900 to use as a mesh node with a wired backhaul. The system is working well, but it would appear that I lose my data usage information when the router is rebooted. It appears that upgrading to merlin will allow me to solve this by adding a USB drive and making some settings in the Tools menu. Is this correct? Do I need to install Merlin on the mesh node as well? Is there anything I need to watch out for?

Thank you,
Drew

In the attached screen shot it would appear that I rebooted on 08/20. I have had the router more than a month.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.47.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.47.51 PM.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 278
This is Traffic Analyzer, which will be persistent with stock firmware, no need for my firmware. Traffic Analyzer stores the database in the JFFS partition.

My firmware is only needed if you use Traffic Monitoring (which Asus only stores in RAM, my firmware allows storing that on USB).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!