What's new

Asus UI/Mobile app - notify when new device connects to network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brownie112

Regular Contributor
Is there an option in the UI on Asus or Merlin firmware to get a notification when a new device joins your network?

TP link deco mobile app has this and was wondering surely Asus should also have it but I can't find it anywhere.

I have the AC86U on latest Merlin firmware. Thanks in advance

Look at the router's IFTTT options (examples). Other than that there are numerous posts in these forums from people creating Merlin user scripts that do something similar.

I’d love to have this as well. When I last looked, several months ago, IFTTT didn’t have a clean way of doing this. I did look for user scripts and couldn’t find anything. I had this with Netgear previously and it was a great way to identify devices.

To be clear IFTTT notifies when a device connects. I just want to be notified when a new device connects. I don’t want to be hounded by notifications each time a device disconnects and reconnects.