What's new

Asus VG287Q White Screen only after just 9 months

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pankh

New Around Here
Hey all! Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

I received a Desktop and monitor for college graduation in May last year. The monitor I got was an Asus VG287Q, 27 inch. It has been the best piece of tech I have ever had. I have never had a single issue with it. Well today, the screen randomly turned white and now won't do anything else.

I have tried doing a few things to fix it including:

Turning it off and on again

Reconnecting my PC/other devices
free netflix tech news

Changed out my HDMI cables and my Display Port cables

Altered various screen settings on my PC

Plugging in various caming consoles

I have done all I can think of to get the monitor back to life but nothing has worked. I can't see the monitor settings because the screen is fully white as well. I have my PC currently plugged into my TV as it was my only other option with no issues there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Is my monitor actually safe to plugin or is it a fire hazard now? I have attempted to contact Asus support but cannot because no one is in the office today. Replacing the monitor at this time isn't monetarily viable for me. Really bummed that an amazing, $300 monitor is just a paperweight right now, but if anyone has any advice or recommendations, I would truly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hey all! Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

I received a Desktop and monitor for college graduation in May last year. The monitor I got was an Asus VG287Q, 27 inch. It has been the best piece of tech I have ever had. I have never had a single issue with it. Well today, the screen randomly turned white and now won't do anything else.

I have tried doing a few things to fix it including:

Turning it off and on again

Reconnecting my PC/other devices

Changed out my HDMI cables and my Display Port cables

Altered various screen settings on my PC

Plugging in various caming consoles

I have done all I can think of to get the monitor back to life but nothing has worked. I can't see the monitor settings because the screen is fully white as well. I have my PC currently plugged into my TV as it was my only other option with no issues there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Is my monitor actually safe to plugin or is it a fire hazard now? I have attempted to contact Asus support but cannot because no one is in the office today. Replacing the monitor at this time isn't monetarily viable for me. Really bummed that an amazing, $300 monitor is just a paperweight right now, but if anyone has any advice or recommendations, I would truly appreciate it.

Since the monitor menu/settings are affected, I would conclude that the monitor has failed. So, call ASUS for warranty service.

OE