1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus VG287Q White Screen only after just 9 months

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pankh, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Pankh

Pankh New Around Here

Hey all! Hopefully someone can help me out with this!

I received a Desktop and monitor for college graduation in May last year. The monitor I got was an Asus VG287Q, 27 inch. It has been the best piece of tech I have ever had. I have never had a single issue with it. Well today, the screen randomly turned white and now won't do anything else.

I have tried doing a few things to fix it including:

Turning it off and on again

Reconnecting my PC/other devices
    free netflix tech news

Changed out my HDMI cables and my Display Port cables

Altered various screen settings on my PC

Plugging in various caming consoles

I have done all I can think of to get the monitor back to life but nothing has worked. I can't see the monitor settings because the screen is fully white as well. I have my PC currently plugged into my TV as it was my only other option with no issues there.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Is my monitor actually safe to plugin or is it a fire hazard now? I have attempted to contact Asus support but cannot because no one is in the office today. Replacing the monitor at this time isn't monetarily viable for me. Really bummed that an amazing, $300 monitor is just a paperweight right now, but if anyone has any advice or recommendations, I would truly appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

3. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Since the monitor menu/settings are affected, I would conclude that the monitor has failed. So, call ASUS for warranty service.

OE