What's new

Asus-wrtMerlin unable to upgrade my firmware from 384.7_2 to 386.9

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

throw orange

New Around Here
Hi,

I was not able to find another post with my same problem. FOr over 1 year I have been trying to upgrade my firmware but it gets to 100% complete and then the next screen that appears says that it is still on the old firmware.

1) I tried rebooting the router first to free up ram

2) I tried "restore factory default"

But I still am unable to upgrade the firmware. Is there anything else I can try?

I have not tried rescue mode. Would that help? If someone can post a link to t a thread with instructions I would appreciate that. Because it seems other people are not having the same problem as me.

what router are you using, and did you try upgrading with a different version of Merlin?

Im using that T-mobile router and yes I have tried 2 or 3 different upgrade firm wares (different version numbers).

That model is not supported.

Im using that T-mobile router and yes I have tried 2 or 3 different upgrade firm wares (different version numbers).
Did you read the tacked/stickied [FAQ] READ ME FIRST before posting a question thread first?
Q: Why can't I update my (modded) TM-AC1900 firmware?
A: Because you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on an UNSUPPORTED model, and Asus recently changed the firmware validation process to prevent such a thing. You will have to revert back to the original TM-AC1900. Beyond that, you're on your own.
Also note the following stickied/tacked thread in another subforum when it comes to discussing how to circumvent the TM-AC1900 firmware lockdown issue. One will have to find somewhere else to have such discussions.
SNBForums Policy on ASUS TM-AC1900 Conversion Discussion

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!