What's new

Asus XT8 - AP mode issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Examer

New Around Here
I got 4 Asus XT8 a while ago, i had no issues with them. Running AiMesh and AP mode. Today i tried to add the last node and it would not work, at all. I tried just about everything i could find. So i tried to setup the last unit as a new router and it worked, i could update the firmware to the latest 3.0.0.4.386_45934 without any issues, i tried reseting on of the other nodes and added it just fine. I then tried to switch mode to AP and the unit just stopped responding. I couldn't access its web GUI or use the mobile app and the node i just added couldn't find it even when standing next to it. I reset both and set it up as a new router again and it worked, i added the node no problem. Switched to AP and again it died. Since the other 3 units work well with AP i am guessing a HW error? Or do anyone know what is wrong?

Are all XT8 nodes in the same firmware? If not then either upgrade them all to latest firmware or reset and do a firmware rescue to 42095 which is most stable firmware at least for many many people in this forum including me.

They are all on the same firmware, and 3 of 4 works perfectly. The 4th only works in Router mode, not AP =/

They are all on the same firmware, and 3 of 4 works perfectly. The 4th only works in Router mode, not AP =/
Try hard reset, firmware restoration and then hard reset again for that node and try again to pair if that works.

I got 4 Asus XT8 a while ago, i had no issues with them. Running AiMesh and AP mode. Today i tried to add the last node and it would not work, at all. I tried just about everything i could find. So i tried to setup the last unit as a new router and it worked, i could update the firmware to the latest 3.0.0.4.386_45934 without any issues, i tried reseting on of the other nodes and added it just fine. I then tried to switch mode to AP and the unit just stopped responding. I couldn't access its web GUI or use the mobile app and the node i just added couldn't find it even when standing next to it. I reset both and set it up as a new router again and it worked, i added the node no problem. Switched to AP and again it died. Since the other 3 units work well with AP i am guessing a HW error? Or do anyone know what is wrong?

If you're using wired ethernet backhaul, I'd suggest trying wireless backhaul. At least as a sanity check.

I tried both factory reset and firmware restoration. I tried both wifi and ethernet backhaul. It works perfectly in router mode. As soon as i switch to AP mode it refuses to respond anymore, wont let me access the web GUI or anything.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!