What's new

Asus XT8 - Device is dead - Help needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vnhood

New Around Here
Hello everyone. I came across this forum by accident trying to troubleshoot my router and it seems there is a lot of great info here so hopeful you can help me out.

I have a 2 device mesh Asus XT8 bone stock, no custom firmware or special setups. firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_46061. My node (wireless backhaul) decided to simply die. No light, doesnt power up even with the power supply of my main unit. Ive tried resetting it but since it cant power i cant? Im not aware of any power surges having happened. No lighting storms (live in an apartment). Usage is basic home usage - 2 laptops, PC, Xbox, PS5, TVs, phones etc. Nothing extra that this router shouldnt be able to handle.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warranty is a bit of a mess as it was purchased in another country so If it is indeed proper dead id be somewhat screwed.

Thanks in advance.

There's another thread here somewhere where the poster proclaimed they were getting rid of their XT8s. I posted on it roughly 10 minutes ago from now.

Sorry, but it sounds like you're somewhat screwed.
Not what i wanted to hear :(. Ive been mostly happy with mine. Ive had maybe 3-4 times where they needed to be restarted over the span of a year but compared to the coverage they achieve as to my older routers i was more than happy.

Yeah, me too. Especially when they're going for $350/pr, which is what I gave. Been running the GNUTon fork of Merlin on mine - rock solidly - for near 90 days now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!