What's new

Asus XT8 Wifi 6E?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rsnhakan

Regular Contributor
Hello, will the Asus XT8 support Wifi 6E or does it need hardware changes? Last month I bought this Mesh set and I still have a few days to return it if Asus will release a newer version in the coming weeks/months..

No existing AX product can be firmware upgraded. Radio components and antennas would need to be changed and the product resubmitted for FCC certification

@rsnhakan, if you don't 'need' it, return it. Even if you end up buying the same XT8 in a few months, you'll have saved some money if the AXE version is not a good buy then.

@rsnhakan, if you don't 'need' it, return it. Even if you end up buying the same XT8 in a few months, you'll have saved some money if the AXE version is not a good buy then.

I already bought them for 399EUR with an additional 25EUR cashback. That's a nice deal, right?

I do not know if that is a good deal for you or not. But they seem overpriced to me for what a similar and from what I've read, better set up can offer (RMerlin powered Asus AiMesh v2.0).

Make your own decision, but I can see today that a full-featured 'AXE' class router is going to be easily able to take the consumer routing title soon.

I do not know if that is a good deal for you or not. But they seem overpriced to me for what a similar and from what I've read, better set up can offer (RMerlin powered Asus AiMesh v2.0).

Make your own decision, but I can see today that a full-featured 'AXE' class router is going to be easily able to take the consumer routing title soon.

For now everything works fine. I will think about it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!