Asus XT8 Wifi 6E?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

rsnhakan

Occasional Visitor
Hello, will the Asus XT8 support Wifi 6E or does it need hardware changes? Last month I bought this Mesh set and I still have a few days to return it if Asus will release a newer version in the coming weeks/months..

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
No existing AX product can be firmware upgraded. Radio components and antennas would need to be changed and the product resubmitted for FCC certification

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
@rsnhakan, if you don't 'need' it, return it. Even if you end up buying the same XT8 in a few months, you'll have saved some money if the AXE version is not a good buy then.

rsnhakan

Occasional Visitor
@rsnhakan, if you don't 'need' it, return it. Even if you end up buying the same XT8 in a few months, you'll have saved some money if the AXE version is not a good buy then.

I already bought them for 399EUR with an additional 25EUR cashback. That's a nice deal, right?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I do not know if that is a good deal for you or not. But they seem overpriced to me for what a similar and from what I've read, better set up can offer (RMerlin powered Asus AiMesh v2.0).

Make your own decision, but I can see today that a full-featured 'AXE' class router is going to be easily able to take the consumer routing title soon.

rsnhakan

Occasional Visitor
I do not know if that is a good deal for you or not. But they seem overpriced to me for what a similar and from what I've read, better set up can offer (RMerlin powered Asus AiMesh v2.0).

Make your own decision, but I can see today that a full-featured 'AXE' class router is going to be easily able to take the consumer routing title soon.

For now everything works fine. I will think about it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!