What's new

Asus Zen WiFi Mini red light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cookietm

New Around Here
Hi, hope you can help me with this

I have an ASUS ZenWiFi AX Mini. I have a problem where every once in a while, at least once a day, WiFi will be gone and the red light on the router lights up.

I’m running latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_46061 and DNS is set automatically using DHCP.

I’ve had my ISP come by and review their equipment a few times already so I’m at a loss.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

You might try a different firmware release. The sister forum on ASUSWRT official releases
( https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-official.51/ ) has a thread about each ASUS firmware release, and last I checked the one for 46061, there were a lot of unhappy reports in it. The actual latest version is 46980, and although that's nominally beta, a number of people report that it's fixed their problems. (Edit: I read the threads for the XT8 releases, but I bet that the XD4 code is about the same.)

Another thing that is a little bit waving-the-dead-chicken, but nonetheless has fixed more problems than it ought to, is to factory-reset the router (use the WPS button method) and set up its configuration from scratch. This is particularly recommendable after a firmware change; apparently ASUS have some issues with adapting the stored configuration data from one release to another. (By the same token, saving and restoring a configuration isn't 100% reliable. Do it the hard way.)

Thanks! I did the hard reset and everything is working again. Hoping I won’t have that intermittent issue now as it comes randomly and the only way to test is wait and hope.

About the firmware, that would make sense, but looks like 46061 is the latest for the ZenWiFi AX Mini. At least that’s what the app says. I’ll leave it on there and see if the hard reset did anything. Thanks for your help!

It’s an ongoing issue. No matter what I try, I’ll get red lighted a few times a day. Super frustrating when wfh.

Log into the router and look at System Log > General Log. See if there are any relevant messages at the time the problem occurs.

Also, try making this change to Network Monitoring in Administration > System:

Untitled.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!