1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS ZenWiFi AC missing the Smart Connect settings

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by jie, Jun 4, 2020.

1. jie

jie New Around Here

Dear Experts,
    I recently bought the ASUS Zenwifi AC router which has the software 3.0.0.4.386_21573.

I want to enable the Smart Connect feature but I do not see the settings under Network Tools.
    I reflashed the firmware to the latest one on the website, 3.0.0.4.386.21291, as advised by ASUS but still face the same issue.

Has anyone come across this issue before on router or other ASUS router?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Part of the Furniture

If the Smart Connect Rules are suppose to be there, and Asus can't explain why they are not there, then I doubt any so-called Experts here will know what happened to them.

I would reset the firmware and if a desired feature remains missing, then return the router. Maybe some hard fault is disabling the firmware. Also, try adjusting the General controls to see if that reveals the SC Rules.

OE

3. RKG81

RKG81 Occasional Visitor

There was a firmware update for the XT8 released today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk