What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi AX Mini (XD4) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_48970 - issues updating all nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HH22

Occasional Visitor
Just manually updated my RT-AX86U router with the latest firmware and attempted to do the same with the AX Mini XD4 nodes (3) I have in my network.

I'm able to update one of the three, but there are two that don't seem to accept the new firmware (48970) despite going through the process and the update pop-up screen showing the firmware update had successfully completed. I've attempted several times, restarted both nodes, etc. but the Asus router settings page keeps showing the older version (46061) as still being present and an update available.

Any others having problems updating all the mesh nodes? Thoughts on how to overcome this current inability?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums @HH22.

Have you tried fully resetting the nodes first? (i.e. not just a reboot).

Have you tried clearing the cache on the browser?

Have you tried disabling the browser extensions (i.e. open in 'safe mode') and trying then?

Have you tried a different browser?

And as a practice, I would do the nodes first with the hope you can get them done before they 'let go' for whatever reason... then just a button reset and add them back after you do the router.

OE

Welcome to the forums @HH22.

Have you tried fully resetting the nodes first? (i.e. not just a reboot).

Have you tried clearing the cache on the browser?

Have you tried disabling the browser extensions (i.e. open in 'safe mode') and trying then?

Have you tried a different browser?

Great advice and thanks. I used a different browser- in safe/private mode- and the other two nodes were updated without issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!