What's new

Asus ZenWifi AX - no internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anders H

New Around Here
When setting up my new Asus ZenWiFi AX, I get the message "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly". I use the exact same settings as on my present router, an Asus RT-AC68u which connects to the internet without problem. I have updated the router firmware to the latest version, tried the installation both using the mobile app and, after resetting the router, the web without success. A couple of hard resets as well as using Googles dns did not solve the problem either.

According to my isp (Bredband2, Sweden), there is nothing on their side that must be configured to connect a new router. If I use my old router I can connect the new one to one of the LAN ports and that works.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

When setting up my new Asus ZenWiFi AX, I get the message "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly". I use the exact same settings as on my present router, an Asus RT-AC68u which connects to the internet without problem. I have updated the router firmware to the latest version, tried the installation both using the mobile app and, after resetting the router, the web without success. A couple of hard resets as well as using Googles dns did not solve the problem either.

According to my isp (Bredband2, Sweden), there is nothing on their side that must be configured to connect a new router. If I use my old router I can connect the new one to one of the LAN ports and that works.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
After switching back and forth between my old router and the new one, suddenly the internet connection was there. Nothing changed, quite frustrating not knowing what solved the problem. Still, internet is up and running.

With the latest firmware recently rolled out, make sure you have done a full factory hard reset before setting up everything manually again. I had to ensure I followed that process before I got the router to remain stable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!