What's new

Asus ZenWifi AX RT8 slow WiFi upload speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Librarianguy

New Around Here
I just purchased the Asus ZenWifi XT8 2-unit kit and set it up last week. I connected one router by ethernet to my FIOS ONT and the other node via wireless backhaul. The main unit is in my living room and the mesh node is on the second floor. I updated the firmware once everything was connected and it seemed fine but for one issue. I'm getting fantastic wired speeds up and down (I have an Apple TV 4K wired to the main node) near my cap of 300/300, but the WiFi speeds are odd. I get near 300 MBs on WiFi downloads to my iPhone 12, but the upload speed is ever only 30% to 50% of that. I called Asus support who walked me through turning off Smart Connect and changing the channels on my 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios, but nothing helped, including multiple resets. They suggest returning my units to where I bought them (MicroCenter) but I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue with another set. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

DId you solve this? I also have the same issue and the other thread does not have a solution. I get the same download and upload with the Orbi RBK50.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!