ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8 - 2.4GHz Band Issue

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

caf6916

New Around Here
Searched threads and have not found this exact issue. If it's there somewhere, apologies for yet another post.

Purchased the 2 pack in February and have been running it for about 4 weeks. Last week my family and I started noticing that the 2.4GHz band would lose internet connectivity. Devices remain connected to the network but they are not connecting to the internet (connection shows on devices as Internet Unavailable). We can switch over to the 5GHz band can connect to the internet with no issues. I can reboot and it appears to solve the issue for a day or 2. I have written ASUS but have not received a response yet. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found any solutions?

ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 - Running in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default) configuration with Firmware v.386.

Last edited:

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Searched threads and have not found this exact issue. If it's there somewhere, apologies for yet another post.

Purchased the 2 pack in February and have been running it for about 4 weeks. Last week my family and I started noticing that the 2.4GHz band would lose internet connectivity. Devices remain connected to the network but they are not connecting to the internet (connection shows on devices as Internet Unavailable). We can switch over to the 5GHz band can connect to the internet with no issues. I can reboot and it appears to solve the issue for a day or 2. I have written ASUS but have not received a response yet. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found any solutions?

ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 - Running in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default) configuration with Firmware v.386.

Did you reset the firmware before configuring it?

OE

caf6916

New Around Here
Did you reset the firmware before configuring it?

OE
Firmware was updated when I set it up 4 weeks ago. I had an issue with the initial configuration and had to factory reset and start over. Has been fine since then until last week.

KingBravery

Regular Contributor
Do you enable Guest Network 1 ?

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Firmware was updated when I set it up 4 weeks ago. I had an issue with the initial configuration and had to factory reset and start over. Has been fine since then until last week.

Are you using a USB 3.0 device connected to the router?

Do you have any cordless devices operating on the 2.4 GHz frequencies?

Have you inspected the router log for clues at the time of trouble?

Have you monitored your 2.4 WLAN signal with a WiFi Analyzer app to notice any unusual signal behavior?

For reference:

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

caf6916

New Around Here
Are you using a USB 3.0 device connected to the router?

Do you have any cordless devices operating on the 2.4 GHz frequencies?

Have you inspected the router log for clues at the time of trouble?

Have you monitored your 2.4 WLAN signal with a WiFi Analyzer app to notice any unusual signal behavior?

For reference:

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE
Nothing connected via USB. No cordless devices to speak of. I looked at the log and didn't see anything remarkable. It doesn't appear to be a signal issue as we continue to see full signal strength, just that the internet becomes unavailable. Connected with no internet.

KingBravery

Regular Contributor
In professional setting, please disable universal beamforming and you may try changing your wifi channel either 1,6 or 11.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Nothing connected via USB. No cordless devices to speak of. I looked at the log and didn't see anything remarkable. It doesn't appear to be a signal issue as we continue to see full signal strength, just that the internet becomes unavailable. Connected with no internet.

Is the Internet disconnect confined to 2.4 clients on the same one node? If so, you could swap node roles to see if the issue moves with the hardware.

OE

Fluthy

New Around Here
I am experiencing the same issue and this is not the first time. I bought the routers in January and was originally running 3.0.0.4.386_26044 and for the most part that was pretty solid, however some 2.4 Ghz devices would "not connect" to the Internet although they showed connected. When I upgrade the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_41793 it made that problem worse and all of my 2.4 Ghz eventually were dropped and would not connect to the Internet. I most recently upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_42095 which made everything not work, so I factory reset and reloaded 3.0.0.4.386_42095 and the router has been rock solid until this week. I have noticed a handful of 2.4 Ghz devices have start to not have Internet access although they are showing as connected. I have "Universal Beaming" disabled and I have tried to just set the channels to 1, 6, and 11 and that has not helped my issue. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset monthly for this router to work with the 2.4 Ghz devices. Any other suggestions on what I could try or am I just stuck until they release another firmware update?

jmpr

Regular Contributor
These are my settings, that solved my problems with 2'4-only devices, and with old ones:

1618044163987.png

In "general":

1618044442080.png

In "system" altough yo don't use a HD:

1618044282492.png

No problems at all now.

Attachments

• 1618044231193.png
    1618044231193.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 20

Fluthy

New Around Here
I have done the above and most devices are staying connected now. My only issue I appear to be having at the moment is 3 WiFi camera's that will not stay connected. I can reboot the router and they will connect, but will lose connection shortly after that. I'd love to hardwire these like the reset of mine, but can't get an ethernet cable to those locations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!