What's new

ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8 node went offline, blue light flashing nonstop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vunguyen90

New Around Here
Hello all,

I'm a new member. I ran into a bit problem with my zenwifi ax6600 xt8. A few days ago, I noticed one of my nodes went crazy with blue led light flashing nonstop. I tried to reset and reconnecting it but nothing work. So I reseted the whole system and set up as new connection. It fixed the problem for two days. Today, the node went offline again with a blue led light flashing. My firmware is up to date and I have done everything that other posts suggested from the turn-off dual smart connect to separate my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. nothing seem to reconnect the node.

Please help me or any suggestion what really happened? I truly appreciated your time and help.

You may try change firmware to 42095 version.

I have the same problem when running wireless backhaul.
The main router can have latest firmware but the node cannot. Node with latest firmware disconnects with a blinking blue light every time.
I tested several firmware's for the node. 25790 worked but iOS connected devices struggled with WIFI and was useless. My Mac had great connection and speed however.

I just tried update node with 42095 but node disconnects and I get the same blue light. I probably should try 42095 for main router also.
I am so close to return the product and get something that workes.

42095 did not work when installed on both.
Tried 43181 on main router and 9.0.0.4.386.41994 beta on the node. That also did not work. Never ending blinking blue light.
I do not have a third Asus router I can put up as main node unfortunately.

the blue light still blinking even you setup both of them side by side?

They stood side by side yes. The node was online for a short time (seconds not minutes) then it went into blinking blue in an offline state seen from the router.

I was later able to install firmware 26044 on the node and get it working along with the router connected wireless. All newer firmware versions installed on the node gives me the blue blinking offline state. I moved the node to its position in the house and so far (45-60 min) iOS has great wifi speed.

This morning iOS units had issues with wifi speed again even failed completely for a while. I really wanted ASUS XT8 to work for me but it did not unfortunately.
Today I therefor returned the product and bought Netgear Orbi RBK752 instead. The setup was easy and everything works as expected even after firmware was updated.

This morning iOS units had issues with wifi speed again even failed completely for a while. I really wanted ASUS XT8 to work for me but it did not unfortunately.
Today I therefor returned the product and bought Netgear Orbi RBK752 instead. The setup was easy and everything works as expected even after firmware was updated.

Keep the traffic meter off for now. Just came from the Orbi and they still have some issues when that is on, particularly when the auto daylight savings adjustment is also on. Not sure if that issue exists in the RBK752, but did in the RBK50

I also using iphone X and iphone 5s. Both of them have no issue with wifi speed. Have you disable the Private Address in ios wifi setting?

I also using iphone X and iphone 5s. Both of them have no issue with wifi speed. Have you disable the Private Address in ios wifi setting?
No I had not turned of Private Address. Not being able to connect the two nodes wireless and at the same time run latest firmware was a deal breaker for me. I see that it works for you and I really wanted it to work for me. Unfortunately it did not and after trying so much problems I gave up.

I have this same problem. Any firmware version beyond 26044 the node will randomly disconnect from the router with the fast blue flashing light. I even shipped the node back to Asus to fix and they sent it right back to me after doing nothing, and told me to update the firmware. The firmware was already updated and it still has the exact same problem. What a complete F...ing waste of my time, they are horrible. Wish I could still return it.

old thread but I have been bothered by the asus app’s flashing blue “forever” and finally I think I have resolved my constant disconnects and poor range.
Yesterday I manually updated router and app’s to beta firmware 9.0.0.4.388_21101.
Much better reception (-dbi) and no more flashing APs.
Agree using old firmware is not ideal but ASUS seems to not take the issues so many of us describes seriously