What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elimjoshua

New Around Here
ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22127 46.01 MB
1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 966c7167fc1c67bc68a44f113cde2282

I installed on my et12 x 2 mesh system, no apparent problems. Galaxy S22Ultra speeds are better.

This version was very unstable for me. I have a wired back haul between the router and the node. But the node kept crashing for me.
Now reverting back to the previous version 21739 in which I experienced no issues like this at all.

I tried this version with a fresh install. Connecting the 2 nodes with a wired back haul was easier with this version, but.....it was still unstable for me. So it was back to 21739 for me again.

This version was very unstable for me. I have a wired back haul between the router and the node. But the node kept crashing for me.
Now reverting back to the previous version 21739 in which I experienced no issues like this at all.
I had the same issue and reverted to previous version.

This version is also quite unstable for me. Quite a few issues as listed below:

1) Very frequently when I commit some configuration changes, the ET12 unit acting as router will will unresponsive on LAN1/2/2.5G interfaces unless I manually unplug and replug in the LAN cables. When it happens, the wireless on the router and internet will continue to function properly.
2) On devices being pinned to a certain AP, most of the time the device will fail to re-associate to the pinned AP without power cycling the devices. On 21739 most of the time the devices will re-associate to pinned AP automatically when the designated AP came back online.
3) UI becomes very sluggish as time goes on until rebooting of router.
4) All wireless band will sporadically turn off for couple minutes and reappear. This cause major issue of losing wireless network for all devices. Nothing in the logs give any clue about this.

Last edited:
This version is also quite unstable for me. Quite a few issues as listed below:

1) Very frequently when I commit some configuration changes, the ET12 unit acting as router will will unresponsive on LAN1/2/2.5G interfaces unless I manually unplug and replug in the LAN cables. When it happens, the wireless on the router and internet will continue to function properly.
2) On devices being pinned to a certain AP, most of the time the device will fail to re-associate to the pinned AP without power cycling the devices. On 21739 most of the time the devices will re-associate to pinned AP automatically when the designated AP came back online.
3) UI becomes very sluggish as time goes on until rebooting of router.

Other than the sluggish UI, I had the same issues as you. Went to 21739 and the only problem I noticed with it was one of my attached network devices shows up strangely as alternatively connected to the primary or secondary router - seems to switch between them in the UI (which I know is not possible since it is wired to the secondary router) Hopefully the next firmware gets better.

I have a three node mesh with wired backhaul and WAN failover that was working fine until this morning. I woke up to disconnected nodes and I've attempted to hard reset but the admin page won't load (even tried wired connection). Oddly, setup completes from my iPhone but then get "Unable to use Remote Connection" after setup is complete. It works as a single node but I can not access setup to connect the other nodes or downgrade firmware. What a cluster. It looks like the emergency firmware restore option only works via Windows. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Yes I was screwed but finally reset each node to factory defaults, downgraded firmware back to 21739 one node at a time and then rebuilt the mesh. Automatic firmware updates disabled and I'll check here prior to trying future firmware.

Last edited:
I have a three node mesh with wired backhaul and WAN failover that was working fine until this morning. I woke up to disconnected nodes and I've attempted to hard reset but the admin page won't load (even tried wired connection). Oddly, setup completes from my iPhone but then get "Unable to use Remote Connection" after setup is complete. It works as a single node but I can not access setup to connect the other nodes or downgrade firmware. What a cluster. It looks like the emergency firmware restore option only works via Windows. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Yes I was screwed but finally reset each node to factory defaults, downgraded firmware back to 21739 one node at a time and then rebuilt the mesh. Automatic firmware updates disabled and I'll check here prior to trying future firmware.
yes, there is definitely something warped with that last firmware build... glad to hear you're back up.

ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22127 46.01 MB
1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 966c7167fc1c67bc68a44f113cde2282
HI,
I applied this firmware and unfortunately my mesh node is failing now to power up. I have tried the power/wps to reset method to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions please? The ET12 base/node is expensive here in Canada($1100CDN+tax), I would hate to lose this.

Please help.

One thing I did notice, made a difference to stability even with the 21739 firmware, if you enable WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocol on the lower bands, it seems to make the mesh system unstable over time... reverted it back to WPA/WPA2 and it was fine again. Not sure if its IOT devices that are contributing, but you may want to take a look at this setting...

One thing I did notice, made a difference to stability even with the 21739 firmware, if you enable WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocol on the lower bands, it seems to make the mesh system unstable over time... reverted it back to WPA/WPA2 and it was fine again. Not sure if its IOT devices that are contributing, but you may want to take a look at this setting...
Is it only mixed WPA2/WPA3 an issue? How about having the main 5G on WPA2 only and a guest 5G on WPA3 only? Will that also cause problems?

I currently have the main on WPA2/WPA3 and will now change to WPA2 for the main 5G band and see if it improves (which a guest 5G on WPA3 only).

Is it only mixed WPA2/WPA3 an issue? How about having the main 5G on WPA2 only and a guest 5G on WPA3 only? Will that also cause problems?

I currently have the main on WPA2/WPA3 and will now change to WPA2 for the main 5G band and see if it improves (which a guest 5G on WPA3 only).
Im not sure what other combinations might be problematic, to be honest, I’m afraid to try different things for fear of bricking my device.

BTW - has anyone successfully got a wifi 6e connection to the router? I have a gen4 iPad Pro and so far have not been able to make a 6e connection.

Im not sure what other combinations might be problematic, to be honest, I’m afraid to try different things for fear of bricking my device.

BTW - has anyone successfully got a wifi 6e connection to the router? I have a gen4 iPad Pro and so far have not been able to make a 6e connection.
My Asus ROG Flow X13/X16/Z13 and my Samsung ZFold4 all connect via 6e fine. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Plus will not connect to wifi 6e no matter what.

My Asus ROG Flow X13/X16/Z13 and my Samsung ZFold4 all connect via 6e fine. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Plus will not connect to wifi 6e no matter what.
What firmware are you currently on if you don’t mind me asking? Are you also using the same Ssid across all bands?

My S22 Ultra and Tab S8 Ultra both connect to 6ghz on 22127 and 31739

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!