What's new

Beta ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saizzz

New Around Here
Link
Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

1. Recap new features of 3.0.0.6.102: Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
2. Re-defined VLAN, supports Trunk, Access mode with VLAN-only-network.
3. Synchronize Guest network pro (SDN) with VLAN, create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.
4. Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.
5. Re-defined multi-service WAN, disable it by default.
6. Add surfshark VPN in VPN fusion.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: fea839edfbcbe1f72e145ab8e02d2ee4

I hope this will fix the UI issue?

With the last beta, the UI becomes inaccessiable (very slow response) after the system is up for a few days and require hard reset.

I haven't tried it yet. Given the last firmware caused problems with wireless backhaul, I might wait to hear how others are doing.

Just to let you know guys that I installed this new Beta in my mesh system, so far everything is running with no issues. :)

I have a bit more complicated setup with 2 10G netgear unmanaged switch in between the ET12 router and 3 other ET12 mesh nodes. I find that on 22127, AiMesh can bonky across 2 switches (nodes are getting dropped with RED LED) while the wired clients (to the 2nd switch and the ET12s in Aimesh nodes mode) still connect fine. So a bit hestitant to try. Only stable firmware for me is the 21739..... If the AiMesh is stable in more complicated setups, I might give this a try.

I gave the new beta a try.. So far is ok.

No issue on UI not responding.
No issue on committing Wifi-Professional setting.
No on Guest network provided that you set the correct VLAN in the managed switch in between.

However it is just 1-2 days.. worth to take a longer look...

Took one for the team and upgraded. I was setup for dual WAN failover with fallback disabled. For some reason it would not use the primary WAN and always restarted with the backup active. I enabled failover and all seems to be working so far.
Setup: Router mode, three node mesh, wired backhaul, WAN failover.

I tried it, it seemed to improve things for my 6e speed, however I could not get this firmware to work with my Ring devices at all - just couldnt connect with them I guess. Reverted back and everything is hunky dory. Same network settings.

I tried it, it seemed to improve things for my 6e speed, however I could not get this firmware to work with my Ring devices at all - just couldnt connect with them I guess. Reverted back and everything is hunky dory. Same network settings.
It happened to me with some devices and it was due to having wpa 3 on the 5gz. I put it to wpa2 personal only and that solved the problems. Hope it works for u

It happened to me with some devices and it was due to having wpa 3 on the 5gz. I put it to wpa2 personal only and that solved the problems. Hope it works for u
Yeah. I tried that unfortunately it worked for all devices except for the ring devices. I think it was something very specific to them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!