What's new

Asus ZenWiFi Pro (ET12, XT12) sneak peek

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On Facebook? Why?

Can't we get announcements via normal (non 'social') methods anymore?

My bet would be on this, if it really is a router.

EDIT: nvm, this is the ET8, which already launched.

A new router sound odd to me as there is no unreleased router that I can see in FCC filings. Unless they are months away from an actual release. This could just be a SFF PC.

Last edited:
Can't we get announcements via normal (non 'social') methods anymore?
Facebook and Twitter are perfectly valid communication channels, with the added benefit that the manufacturer retains full control of the marketing campaign, which cannot be done with press releases. Nobody forces you to interact with them on these platforms.

If this is the 'new' XT8, pass.

No, they are not valid communications channels. If I don't have Facebook and Twitter (which is down, right now) and other social drivel channels, I can't see this 'news'. Making it effectively non-communications.

No, they are not valid communications channels. If I don't have Facebook and Twitter (which is down, right now) and other social drivel channels, I can't see this 'news'. Making it effectively non-communications.
Sure you can. Click on link, see the image. No account necessary. And the members of that platform then do all the rest for you, without having to hire a marketing firm that would never be as agile as your followers. What @TheLostSwede just did is much faster and more effective than ny hired marketing firm might be. You did learn about this right now, didn't you? Then the communication medium worked as intended.

Okay, so the image I see in post 1 above is the whole 'news'?

Lol... what a waste of time (looking for the meat and potatoes of the 'story').

My bet would be on this, if it really is a router.

EDIT: nvm, this is the ET8, which already launched.

A new router sound odd to me as there is no unreleased router that I can see in FCC filings. Unless they are months away from an actual release. This could just be a SFF PC.

Looks like a router to me.

JYcxPWyknxr29rYc.jpg

Lol... what a waste of time (looking for the meat and potatoes of the 'story').
Oh, sorry for sharing then. Won't happen next time, I promise.
If you actually read the text, you'd see that this is a sneak peek, they're announcing it next week...

Here, just for you. As it's an online event, I presume you won't be watching it anyhow.

240729126_2294347370700379_366112967349906154_n.jpg

No, don't be sorry! That wasn't directed at you. That's Asus and their misdirected 'marketing'. :D

The link you shared above (techpowerup) is what 'communications' are all about.

somebody with a facebook account should comment as best guess: 'a bug free firmware? '

somebody with a facebook account should comment as best guess: 'a bug free firmware? '
I don't know of a single company that provides that for any product. In fact, I think it's impossible unless it's a really simple product.
Do you have any idea what's involved in making a router?
Actually, that would be a good article for the site @thiggins

Looks like a router to me.
Gotcha.

Then I suspect it might be the ET8, just in a different housing and adding RGB. That would explain the lack of any new FCC filing.

Yep. it was just a teaser.

The official launch will no doubt include actual press releases sent to the media outlets.

Gotcha.

Then I suspect it might be the ET8, just in a different housing and adding RGB. That would explain the lack of any new FCC filing.
If you look at the picture, it seems to have at least four antennas sticking up in the acrylic part, which is like no other router I've seen before.
I very much doubt it's going to be a version of the ET8 and besides, if you change the housing and/or antennas, then you need to recertify a product by FCC regulation, so that's a no go. I'm sure they could've used the same PCBs, but this is by any extent of the regulations, a new product.
I guess we'll find out next week. That said, the shape looks wrong to be able to use the same PCBs.

235570284_4423560631020634_9119225767688627178_n.jpg

It does look like it would be using a similar antenna design to the CT8/ET8 though, just that they're visible, rather than hidden inside the device.

3_asus-zenwifi-ac-ct8-mesh-wireless-router.jpg

As a side note, Asus actually has a news section on their website where they tend to post press releases and news quite regularly.

Last edited:
I'm sure they could've used the same PCBs, but this is by any extent of the regulations, a new product.
Then this would be months away from release, as there has been no new FCC filing that could be tied to this. The ET8 and the GT-AXE11000 are the two only Wifi 6E products I have seen showing up on their FCC applications.

I heard the ET8 isn't getting a UK/EU release anymore, so looking forward to whatever this is.
Even the AXE11000 isn't here yet.

I suppose luddites like you still buy computer magazines, and like your news 2 months old? ;)

I heard the ET8 isn't getting a UK/EU release anymore, so looking forward to whatever this is.
Even the AXE11000 isn't here yet.
Has the UK approved the use of the 6 GHz channels yet? That might be why. I know the EU did a few months ago, but now that UK wants to do its own thang...

Here in Canada, those channels were only allowed for use a couple of weeks ago, which is why there hasn't been any Wifi 6e router available in Canada so far.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!