What's new

Release ASUS ZenWIFI Pro XT12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21293 (2022/10/24)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

glenord

Occasional Visitor
1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
8. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
9. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
10. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Not just you. Came here to say the same thing. There is not a Wireguard client, only server.

This release, at least for me, also comes with a slower and slightly buggy web GUI.
Also for VPN Fusion, I think there is supposed to be a separate tab for it but I just see tabs for VPN Server, VPN Client, and Instant Guard, no VPN Fusion.

Hi, how are people finding this firmware with wireless backhaul? I've just switched from the XT8, which sometimes struggled on certain firmwares with the conditions in my house (extended 1920s brick house in UK) which aren't conducive to good signal (in particular the study sits in an extension beyond the old exterior wall). I have 3x XT12, with two nodes in rooms either end of the house, and the router in the middle where the FTTP line enters the house. I had to be very selective about firmware on the XT8, and even then I would often get node drop outs (usually when my wife was doing an important Teams or Zoom call with work). I have 49723 installed at the moment which seems solid.

Hi, how are people finding this firmware with wireless backhaul? I've just switched from the XT8, which sometimes struggled on certain firmwares with the conditions in my house (extended 1920s brick house in UK) which aren't conducive to good signal (in particular the study sits in an extension beyond the old exterior wall). I have 3x XT12, with two nodes in rooms either end of the house, and the router in the middle where the FTTP line enters the house. I had to be very selective about firmware on the XT8, and even then I would often get node drop outs (usually when my wife was doing an important Teams or Zoom call with work). I have 49723 installed at the moment which seems solid.
Really not impressed with my XT12 setup so far, I have two on the same floor with one brick wall between them and the wireless backhaul is unreliable. I'm running this firmware, every couple of weeks at the most everything needs to be rebooted.
Coming from Google WiFi I wish I stuck with it, as it was more reliable if slower.

Really not impressed with my XT12 setup so far, I have two on the same floor with one brick wall between them and the wireless backhaul is unreliable. I'm running this firmware, every couple of weeks at the most everything needs to be rebooted.
Coming from Google WiFi I wish I stuck with it, as it was more reliable if slower.
Very interesting. Because I had mixed results with the XT8 on 388, I decided to start with the newest 386 firmware deliberately and the backhaul hasn’t had a hiccup on my 3x XT12 system in very similar conditions to what you described.

Very interesting. Because I had mixed results with the XT8 on 388, I decided to start with the newest 386 firmware deliberately and the backhaul hasn’t had a hiccup on my 3x XT12 system in very similar conditions to what you described.
I’m about ready to throw these on eBay. I’ve updated to the most recent firmware and still having lots of problems with devices connected to the slave AP.
My wife does competitive e-sports, which is why I was prepared to spend so much money for reliable wifi… which this isn’t

I am v impressed with my XT12s in a v similar situation - I live in a Victorian 4-storey house, with the broadband coming in at one of the corners on the LG, my study sits in an extension beyond the old exterior wall. I used to struggle with a combo of 2xGT-AX11000 + 2xXT8. Not anymore - I am getting super coverage and full 600Mbps with 4xXT12, and I've been running Merlin's firmware recently, though it was good on stock too. Stability was my major gripe with my previous set-up, no issues now. For my purposes they are linked as A-B-C-C, i.e. topology like a reversed 'Y' in Asus app, wireless backhaul.

I am v impressed with my XT12s in a v similar situation - I live in a Victorian 4-storey house, with the broadband coming in at one of the corners on the LG, my study sits in an extension beyond the old exterior wall. I used to struggle with a combo of 2xGT-AX11000 + 2xXT8. Not anymore - I am getting super coverage and full 600Mbps with 4xXT12, and I've been running Merlin's firmware recently, though it was good on stock too. Stability was my major gripe with my previous set-up, no issues now. For my purposes they are linked as A-B-C-C, i.e. topology like a reversed 'Y' in Asus app, wireless backhaul.
I get amazing speeds with mine, it’s just so unreliable

Amazon are going to refund the set and I’ve ordered Nest Wifi Pro 3 pack. I know it won’t be as fast, but half the price and I had good experience with my previous Google WiFi. Wish me luck!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!