What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22127
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 49706040fb0ac4824382ba91c0777e5a

Hi All, anyone noticed anything with this version all working ok? I am hesitant to upgrade i am on 3.0.0.4.386_46699

which is old i know. but i only had the router for like 2 weeks.

Hi All, anyone noticed anything with this version all working ok? I am hesitant to upgrade i am on 3.0.0.4.386_46699

which is old i know. but i only had the router for like 2 weeks.
I’m not entirely sold on this firmware. The wireless connection to the nodes seems to drop out more frequently, and my teams connection via Citrix drops audio if the video is on. I found the last version of 386 firmware more stable

I’m not entirely sold on this firmware. The wireless connection to the nodes seems to drop out more frequently, and my teams connection via Citrix drops audio if the video is on. I found the last version of 386 firmware more stable
thanks for the heads up. Its surprising i am coming from a ISP router with auto updates that we get all these issues :(

I confirm, it is a real disaster.
I bought a pack of 3 on Saturday. They worked perfectly.
On Sunday morning, I updated them all.
Since then, no more than 20 min of stability with sometimes, more than 3 min without any backhaul connection.
A nightmare.
This package is going back to vendor.

I confirm, it is a real disaster.
I bought a pack of 3 on Saturday. They worked perfectly.
On Sunday morning, I updated them all.
Since then, no more than 20 min of stability with sometimes, more than 3 min without any backhaul connection.
A nightmare.
This package is going back to vendor.
cant you just go back a FW version? why return the devices?

This is for my company's office.
I spent too much time to try to go back to previous version (a full week-end and my Monday).
It did not work. I do not know why but their tool did not connect to any router using ethernet cable directly connected to my laptop.
After 15 tries, I lost time enough.
I am very surprised that for this price, we need to be a geek to manage it.
For a company, I cannot have the surprise to arrive in the morning and to discover that all the AiMesh are disconnected. No way for my collaborators. Too expensive for my company.
I am going back to previous routers and I will try other options.

I assume, I am really pissed :)
I paid this 1200 Euros and I spent 3 days to try to fix it. For my company, it is more than the asus pack price!

I hope you will have a better experience, but I am done.

Best regards

This is for my company's office.
I spent too much time to try to go back to previous version (a full week-end and my Monday).
It did not work. I do not know why but their tool did not connect to any router using ethernet cable directly connected to my laptop.
After 15 tries, I lost time enough.
I am very surprised that for this price, we need to be a geek to manage it.
For a company, I cannot have the surprise to arrive in the morning and to discover that all the AiMesh are disconnected. No way for my collaborators. Too expensive for my company.
I am going back to previous routers and I will try other options.

I assume, I am really pissed :)
I paid this 1200 Euros and I spent 3 days to try to fix it. For my company, it is more than the asus pack price!

I hope you will have a better experience, but I am done.

Best regards

So I just got the XT12s set up with firmware 386 48823. Should I upgrade to this firmware or no. Is it really an improvement?

I just got a couple of XT12 and configured in wireless backhaul. Devices arrived with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_46699. Obviously the first thing done has been upgrade to the last version (388_22127). With this firmware the node keeps disconnecting. The behaviour is weird because even if on the admin page it says that the node is disconnected, the wired devices are still connected to the network and can go on internet no problem. The wireless devices instead are switching to the router. I downgraded to the version 386_49723 (someone here was saying that was reliable) but with this version I get a weak connection (with the latest firmware was great). Now I upgraded to the version 388_21678. This one looks reliable. I didn't get (yet) any disconnection of the node and the connection quality is great. I hope this one works well. But I'm a bit disappointed that such an expensive device have buggy firmware. Hope it helps someonelse.

It's been months and Asus has not done a thing about it. I rolled back to 3.0.0.4.388_21678 which is working.
For the price point I am paying, I should not have to be the one troubleshooting this.

Last edited:
For people going from 386 to 388 there are enough changes in the firmware that you should factory reset after the upgrade then setup everything again.
That is what I did and I have had zero issues with 22127.

Bought two XT12 to replace two XT8 in my Aimesh with 6 nodes (additionally two AX11000, two AX88, one AX86), one of them hardwired. Had to revert to the XT8 which function very good with latest firmware, totally stable. Have tried most recent firmwares for the XT12:s, of corse both soft and hard resets, but totally unstable.
-Why is firmware lagging behind half a year for this otherwise great hardware, still 3.0.0.4.388.22127 from December with a build that was really bad also for many other Asus router models…?

Bought two XT12 to replace two XT8 in my Aimesh with 6 nodes (additionally two AX11000, two AX88, one AX86), one of them hardwired. Had to revert to the XT8 which function very good with latest firmware, totally stable. Have tried most recent firmwares for the XT12:s, of corse both soft and hard resets, but totally unstable.
-Why is firmware lagging behind half a year for this otherwise great hardware, still 3.0.0.4.388.22127 from December with a build that was really bad also for many other Asus router models…?
It’s August 2023 and Asus has not provided an update of the firmware for the XT12’s. This is quite unusual as the product was released last year. Anyone know if there is an update coming?

Yes, there is. No timeframe is available. Asus can only offer these updates as it can and doesn't predict when they'll materialize (they don't have infinite resources).

Does feel mad that with such an expensive router we are stuck with such mediocre firmware, with no finished updates in close to 9 months. I love the hardware this router has, but so many of the firmwares have major bugs such as no 160mhz wifi, it's really quite frustrating.

I bought the router hoping it'd resolve performance and WiFi issues around my (not massive) house, and whilst it has helped, I ended up having to use a second router upstairs in essentially wifi access point mode, partially due to the fact I cannot rely on this router working at full capability.

The internal hardware is fast for a SOHO router but the implementation just feels rushed/incomplete.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!