What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48706 (2022/05/03)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alerma

New Around Here
ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48706
1. Fixed OpenSSL CVE-2022-0778
2. Fixed CVE-2021-34174, CVE-2022-0778
3. Added more security measures to block malware.
4. Fixed Stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Milan Kyselica of IstroSec.
5. Fixed CVE-2022-23970, CVE-2022-23971, CVE-2022-23972, CVE-2022-23973, CVE-2022-25595, CVE-2022-25596, CVE-2022-25597, CVE-2022-26673, CVE-2022-26674
6. Added 3rd party DNS server list in WAN --> DNS to help users enhance the connection security.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 52a35ebbe801c1ee58dc2d83cbdccd97

A surprising lack of bugfixes; particularly given the version number jump. I would also assume that this incorporates all of the fixes from the prior 9.0.0.4.386.46980 beta that was released in February. Let's hope there's more to this one than what's in the changelog.

Just a word of caution to upgrade with caution on this one. I have a node that is now in a flashing blue-white loop that isn't connecting properly despite doing many many factory resets. The case is being escalated within Asus.

Just a word of caution to upgrade with caution on this one. I have a node that is now in a flashing blue-white loop that isn't connecting properly despite doing many many factory resets. The case is being escalated within Asus.
What ware you upgrading from?

What ware you upgrading from?
Coming from Version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 on both router and node. I just flashed the node back to 46061 and it's back online. It definitely could have been something user-error, but just something to keep on your radar.

Last edited:
Went home for lunch and updated using the web interface, like always. It all seemed to go smoothly. All 20 something devices connected and seem to be working.
I just have to test two of the ioT devices that I have separated on a 2Ghz band on their own. A Schlage smart lock and a MyQ garage controller. Those always had issues with the AX main network.
No factory reset. I only do those if something is having issues.

So does this update include the IoT fix from the beta? The beta has been running for more than a month here. By far the most stable FW for me.

Coming from Version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 on both router and node. I just flashed the node back to 46061 and it's back online. It definitely could have been something user-error, but just something to keep on your radar.
Hi there, I got the same issue today: upgraded to latest from 46061. Two boxes are in continuous “syncing” cycle (Blinking Blue led). I managed to downgrade the router, but could not downgrade nodes. How did you do that?

Hi there, I got the same issue today: upgraded to latest from 46061. Two boxes are in continuous “syncing” cycle (Blinking Blue led). I managed to downgrade the router, but could not downgrade nodes. How did you do that?
Hold and press the reset button on the bottom of the node. Reconnect after and then downgrade.

Hold and press the reset button on the bottom of the node. Reconnect after and then downgrade.
Tried that. However once node started it goes into the blinking blue while I am trying to upload firmware through the web interface. It never finished the process. The web Ui shows “Applying settings” and it never finishes. Is there another way? or may be I am not doing that right…

Manual update from 9.0.0.4.386.46980, node then main, with power-cycle of both after updates completed. No issues with update or node and device connections

So does this update include the IoT fix from the beta? The beta has been running for more than a month here. By far the most stable FW for me.
Yes, it appears to still contain the IoT fix, which makes sense given the build number.

Updated from 46061using Android app, no factory reset. My configuration is main router and a node connected via wireless backhaul. No problems so far.

Any feedback regarding Teams meeting and VOIP stability or the high ping/latency issues between the nodes and the main router with any version after 42095? Are those fixed with that release?

Had the same problem myself. Only router and one node configuration. The only one node went to blinking blue led madness right after the upgrade.

I tried to reset using the reset button and also the reset procedure involving the WPS button. Nothing worked.

Somehow, I managed to push back 46061 from the router interface after a couple of failed attempts. Connection went back to stable but I decided to downgrade the router too in order to keep both on the same version.

Any feedback regarding Teams meeting and VOIP stability or the high ping/latency issues between the nodes and the main router with any version after 42095? Are those fixed with that release?
I just updated from 46061 and been using Teams, Webex and Zoom with no issues. Teleworking from home and the connections goes through the office’s VPN that is installed on the laptop. Don’t know if that makes a difference. But my kid also teleworked on his laptop. No VPN on that one. And never had any issues using zoom.

Same here. The blue LEG kept flashing. It's a nightmare to restore it back to the old firmware as I had removed the node from the AiMesh and the F/W restoration program didn't work well in Rescue mode.
Finally pressed the WPS button to reset the router and then uploaded the old firmware at this point.

It's very painful to use the Asus routers. This kinda issues have been occuring from time to time!!! What a nightmare!!!!

Upgraded last night. Created a bit of a nightmare with slow connections, disconnections etc. But after a clean reset to factory status, and adding all the nodes, the network is up and running and (fingers crossed) looks fast and rock solid for now. So at least on my side i needed to do a full reset to see how this latest firmware performs. I'm running a wired backhaul with two XT8's and two XD4s.

Tried that. However once node started it goes into the blinking blue while I am trying to upload firmware through the web interface. It never finished the process. The web Ui shows “Applying settings” and it never finishes. Is there another way? or may be I am not doing that right…
0. Turn off the router
1. Turn on the node
2. Let the node stay on for like 2 min
3. Take something where you can press the reset button with
4. Press and hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds
5. Release the reset button
6. Wait 2 minutes
7. The light on the node should stay blue
8. Connect it through WAN and LAN to update the FW
9. Start the pairing process all-over. My advice: do reset the router too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!