What's new

Asus ZenWiFi XT8 Hairpinning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoneTraveler

New Around Here
Hello all,

First time poster and so I apologise if this is the wrong area for this question.

Just finished a house move, well physically moving everything anyway, and thought I would start with setting up the essentials, water, heating, Unraid.

Everything is going well except that I'm unable to access any of my five proxied services (bitwarden, nextcloud, emby, radarr or sonarr) locally if I type in their public address. I can access them via their local port numbers, however if I enter eg bitwarden.mydomain.uk I receive back;

This site can’t be reached
The web page at https://bitwarden.mydomain.uk/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

If I use my mobile, the pages can be accessed externally fine, just locally is the issue.

The only difference from the other house is that I have moved from BT to Vodafone. I recall when I was initially setting Letsencrypt up, some people had an issue with "double NAT / hairpinning" which I'm wondering may be my issue.

As such, I was informed that the supplied Vodafone router is locked down and I needed a replacement, and so I bought a Draytek 130. It is set to bridge mode and passing everything directly to my Asus ZenWiFi XT8 router. Unfortunately however the problem remains and I can only access (bitwarden, nextcloud, emby etc) externally.

The only changes I have made to the Asus router are;
*Updated the port forwarding rules for 80 & 443,
*Disabled UPnP,
*Ensured that my Unraid servers local address (192.168.50.226) was given an exception in the routers firewall.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm up the wall with everything else going on and this would certainly help me out getting it to work.