What's new

Asus3100, 380.65, GB at&t. Can't get beyond 350Mbs.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pemolis

New Around Here
Forgive me this is a bit of an oddity that I cannot figure out. Have fiber at&t gb. Put the Pace into its quazi bridge mode and have a 3100 with 380.65 behind it. The 3100 is set into dmz mode on the Pace.

My download speed while connected to the 3100 is 46MB, upload is 98MB.

When connected directly to the Pace, download speed is 99MB, Uploads 99MB. I'm trying to figure out what is causing half my download capacity to vanish. My system is not double natted, its running off a wired connection, the ethernet cords connected are good cable (just in case I changed them and tried again with the same results).

Now I originally ran this setup except over wifi (I wifi'd the system into the router). The download speed over wifi was also the same (46MB on 5ghz ac). Upload speed was about 60MB.

I am not sure where I am messing up here.

350 Mbps is typical if you have hardware acceleration disabled. Check under Tools -> Sysinfo to see which incompatible feature is causing it to be disabled.

I considered that but hardware acceleration is on. Decided to update to the latest firmware and do a factory reset. See if I can get the performance back after that.

Merlin I appreciate everything you've done for this community. Thank you.

Edit: so loaded the latest merlin firmware, factory reset the router. Ran a speedtest off of that and at about 600 down so far.

edit 2: cleared the cloned mac address and used the routers default mac address. set the att modem to bridge mode/dmzplus to clear the double nat. Enabled ipv6. Rebooted both. Fairly clean setup. up at 900 up and down. Good enough.

edit 3: Ok apparently I had something jacked up in my old router settings as ping dropped from 5 to 7ms to 1. (shrugs).

Last edited: