What's new

[ASUSTOR] ADM 3.0 beta now open

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asustor's ADM 3.0 beta is now available, for those interested:

https://www.asustor.com/betaProgram/

Personally I'll pass, as I can't afford to betatest stuff on my NAS. I need Kodi to "just work" when I get back home from the office :)

Hehe - I need my NAS to - 'just work'...

If I had a second NAS to play with as a Lab device, then perhaps...

Has anyone heard any reports of this, how stable it is, any known issues?

Didn't see much feedback on it on the Asustor forums, but then that forum is nearly a ghost town, so...

At least there wasn't any major issue reported, unlike with 2.7 where they broke ASPortal and Kodi.

I went for it, am using 3.0 since yesterday. So far no issues. My main NAS uses besides regular storage are Plex, uTorrent, and Take Easy. I'm on a AS5104 with 4 x 6GB HGST drives.

I have been running 3.0.0.B6L3 for a few weeks now. I had one small problem in that there was unusually high cpu usage (25% when normally it is 5%) by the 'emboardmand' process, a reboot fixed this. The NAS runs surveillance center with 2 cameras always recording and a Win 10 Virtual machine. So far it has been stable for me.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll take the plunge tonight.

Update went fine, will see how it works out over the next few days.

The refreshed webui looks more modern and more polished (although I'm not a huge fan of Modern/Flat minimalist designs).

I installed it yesterday. I agree that its a reasonably attractive makeover, but it continues to lack functionality that I would like, namely a more feature rich backup or synchronization package, and the ability to backup or synchronize to a network share from a server. I wish the surveillance software was better too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!