What's new

AsusWRT and AsusWRT-Merlin and Open NAT Filtration (aka Full-Cone-NAT) only on Asus RT-AC86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RamGuy

What's the current status of AsusWRT and Merlin firmware in terms of supporting Full Cone NAT / Open NAT Filtration? I noticed in the feature overview that you mention; "Full cone NAT support (RT-AC86U only)" which sounds great. But what is the reason for this only being available on this specific model and not any of the others? And is this something you had to add yourself or is it supported by default by this model? Is this feature a simple toggle in the webui in order to choose between secure/strict nat filtration and open nat filtration?

What's the current status of AsusWRT and Merlin firmware in terms of supporting Full Cone NAT / Open NAT Filtration? I noticed in the feature overview that you mention; "Full cone NAT support (RT-AC86U only)" which sounds great. But what is the reason for this only being available on this specific model and not any of the others? And is this something you had to add yourself or is it supported by default by this model? Is this feature a simple toggle in the webui in order to choose between secure/strict nat filtration and open nat filtration?
Kernel version, the 86u is newer in kernel version than all the other supported units

Broadcom only implemented it in the newer kernel versions. All I did was implement code to enable it on platforms that use the newer kernel.

Great, then I will drop my plans of getting the Netgear XR500 and just get the Asus RT-AC86U instead.