What's new

ASUSWRT and IPTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JefferMC

Occasional Visitor
I've looked through the forums, and I cannot find a real answer to this:

What, exactly (and please use human readable terms, as opposed to configuration script lines), does turning on the IPTV setting do? I get that it sets up a VLAN and I see that I can play with IGMP peeking and routing. Some specific things that I don't understand is:
- What all is connected to this VLAN other than the ports selected on the menu?
- When operating in router mode, how are the ports assigned to the VLAN treated?

For background, I have a recently acquired AC-RT66U (and I've loaded the latest ASUSWRT-merlin version on it). I want to connect this to my AT&T U-verse Residential Gateway (a 2WIRE 3800HGV-B). I connected the AC-RT66U as an access point with IPTV turned on and IPTV passed through to a STB fine, which I really expected to work.

Then I put the AC-RT66U in Router mode, reconfigured the IPTV (since it went away when I changed back to router mode), and the STB still worked. And I'm not sure how... I rather expected it to break in to pieces. I haven't tried to reboot it to see if it can reestablish connection to the RG/AT&T Network this way, but that's coming. But I'd really like to understand what's going on here.

EDIT: Actually, if it's all you can do, yes, post the script lines. I'll have a better chance of figuring them out than having what I have to go on now.