What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
After an extended period in public betatest, 3.0.0.4.270.24 final has been released for all three usual router models.

This version went through extended betatest because it brought a few major (tho not very visible) changes under the hood.

• Rebased on Asuswrt 3.0.0.4.270
    Not many major changes in the switch from 266 to 270. Some fixes related to NTP, and newer wireless drivers (which I have also included in my build, as they seem to bring performance and stability improvements for most users).

• Upgraded busybox 1.17.4 to 1.20.2
    Busybox is what provides a lot of the core Linux functionality on the router. Busybox is responsible for all the DHCP functions, filesystem management, shell functionalities, etc... This upgrade brings many minor bugfixes, and probably a few security fixes as well. It also adds GPT support to fdisk.

• Upgraded OpenVPN 2.2.0 to 2.3.0
    While this should bring IPv6 support, I have been unable to make it work properly, possibly in part because my ISP doesn't support native IPv6.

• Upgraded miniupnpd 1.4 to 1.8
    This upgrade brought a few security fixes, in addition to various improvements and bugfixes.

• Filesystem tools switched to e2fsprogs versions
    The various fsck tools are now the full-featured versions from e2fsprogs, which might help with their reliability.

There's one notable new feature in this build:

• Ethernet ports state report
    The Sysinfo page will now display the state of all Ethernet ports on your router. While at it, a few improvements were also made to the Sysinfo page, such as the temperature now updating automatically every few seconds, and the state of hardware acceleration (aka CTF) being reported.

And there's the usual batch of tweaks and fixes. A lot of minor issues related to the webui have been fixed. A couple of kernel patches have also been applied to help in supporting more 3 TB devices (however full 3TB support can't be done - some USB enclosures simply don't work properly under Linux, even with full-featured modern distros).

The complete list of changes can be found in the regular Changelog.

A special thank you to everyone who contributed in testing this new release, and providing feedback and bug reports :)

I was wondering the same thing, if the beta4 is the final release, or is there any change's between the two?

I was wondering the same thing, if the beta4 is the final release, or is there any change's between the two?

There's been a few additional fixes/tweaks after Beta 4. Ethernet port state display is now handled differently (simpler and more efficient), and a bug was fixed where Samba wouldn't work as a WINS server if you were trying to specify your router's IP as the WINS server for dhcpd.

Code:
commit 8a971c31befc3d7eaa39a7415e72b965255ff056
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Tue Feb 12 15:44:12 2013 -0500

Avoid deadlocks on OOM situations (backported patch)

commit 28429c3db47786b027ed3c50466ce9bd206a18e8
Date:   Tue Feb 12 14:31:07 2013 -0500

No longer use ajax since ethernet port state report is now instantaneous

commit a06f7a4d5a1f8f1a20cc7ed474cc549689a57389
Date:   Tue Feb 12 14:27:58 2013 -0500

Use the new (faster) showports switch

commit 38dd4b7733e0e8a4577e77ce5f8563ef48596d5e
Date:   Tue Feb 12 14:22:51 2013 -0500

Added showports option for faster results

commit fdb650b6e0f0165d5c4eeda5d5683a99eb2c0cf2
Date:   Tue Feb 12 00:35:05 2013 -0500

Enabled compiler optimization, reformatted script

commit 6e337b9daeb6b19907aceaced4e4ef5ff889fbd9
Date:   Mon Feb 11 23:43:42 2013 -0500

Improved readability

commit 023bcab3090779f90997ffd6dea18f80f067ee81
Date:   Mon Feb 11 21:24:14 2013 -0500

Since wins IP on the DHCP page can be ours, don't disable wins if it's set

Ok cool thanks for the info, I will probably update to the most current sometime soon, but not now. As I always wipe the router after firmware update's, and redo all the setting's manually, with a fresh reboot after. I don't feel like doing that again right now, so I will stick with the beta4 release for a bit.

Ok cool thanks for the info, I will probably update to the most current sometime soon, but not now. As I always wipe the router after firmware update's, and redo all the setting's manually, with a fresh reboot after. I don't feel like doing that again right now, so I will stick with the beta4 release for a bit.

No need to do that if coming from Beta 4, there hasn't been any change related to nvram settings.

Hi Merlin,

My router is RT-AC66U and I used Beta 4 before this final version.

I just noticed that in the System log -> Wireless log under connected 2.4GHz devices... correct MAC address is listed as connected, but with wrong name. It seems like name and mac address is mixed there.

In other places like Lan -> DHCP Server and Network map --> Clients, I can see mac addresses and names displayed correctly.

I don't remember seeing wireless system log displaying wrong names in Beta 4.

Edit: after rebooting the router, a different name (wrong device) was displayed with the correct mac address. After a while the name changed to correct ip address (without a name).

-Werthe

Last edited:
Last edited:
Known issue with Internet Explorer (again), where the device name don't show up correctly on the Ethernet Status block. I'll look at it for the next release, in the mean time use a web browser that doesn't break every time it's the full moon :(

Hi Merlin

Is it normal that 5Ghz signal quality fluctuates? Also it seems that 5Ghz has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz.

Could anyone confirm? I have only just started using 5Ghz (on firmware version 3.0.0.4.266.23b and now 3.0.0.4.270.24 final).

Hi Merlin

Is it normal that 5Ghz signal quality fluctuates? Also it seems that 5Ghz has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz.

Could anyone confirm? I have only just started using 5Ghz (on firmware version 3.0.0.4.266.23b and now 3.0.0.4.270.24 final).

Do you have a triple antenna on your device? If not your not going to get the range... better yet what channel are you running? An ea-66u can help your problem also in repeater mode

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Known issue with Internet Explorer (again), where the device name don't show up correctly on the Ethernet Status block. I'll look at it for the next release, in the mean time use a web browser that doesn't break every time it's the full moon :(

This has happened to me for every release and on all browsers (IE, Chrome, FF, Safari). Seems especially to occur with Apple devices, e.g, every Apple device shows as an Sam's iPhone, regardless whether it's a mini, an iPad, or my wife's iPhone.

FWIW.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!