What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4_0 Rt-AX68U Link Aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bennie

New Around Here
I am using Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4_0 on my RT-AX68U routers. Is it possible to use link aggregation for the Ethernet backhaul on one of my RT-AX68U AiMesh nodes? I see two different ways to enable LAN link aggregation on an AiMesh node but no way to enable WAN link aggregation.

Welcome to the forums @Bennie.

The tech specs say this is possible (but I find it hard to believe it is).

What are the specifics of your ISP? How is your network configured? What routers and firmware are you using within your network?

What do you expect to gain by doing this? What are your expectations of this network?

A diagram with detailed network information may be useful here to help you further.

I am using Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4_0 on my RT-AX68U routers. Is it possible to use link aggregation for the Ethernet backhaul on one of my RT-AX68U AiMesh nodes? I see two different ways to enable LAN link aggregation on an AiMesh node but no way to enable WAN link aggregation.

For WAN Link Agg - not sure how this would translate out to an AiMesh node.

You have to have a Modem with 2x ethernet output and capable of WAN agg. My Netgear CM1200 doess this. Enable WAN agg on the modem, enable on the AX88U, use WAN port and LAN port 4 on the AX88U. This has worked for me to get full throughput of >1g even though my ethernet ports are only 1g. I have 1gb Comcast that is overprovisioned to 1.2gb. This is about the best setup I can produce without purchasing new hw with 2.5 or 10gb ports and service.

1695480569327.png

1695480440676.png

1695480814035.png