What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available for download.

The highlights of this new release:

This build merges with Asus's GPL 378_6117, wiwth a few fixes backported from 6975. This new GPL includes a few important changes:

• New login scheme, based on a token rather than on HTTP basic authentication. This is far more secure against crosssite exploits.
  • OpenVPN keys and certificates migrated to JFFS the first time you start an OpenVPN client or server. This frees up a good amount of nvram.
  • NAT acceleration for PPTP/L2TP WAN users (used by some Russian ISPs). Only on ARM-based routers at this time.
  • New client list on the networkmap page

Other important changes in this release:
  • All System Log pages have been re-designed as tables, to make them much easier to read.
  • Various components updates: OpenVPN, OpenSSL, ffmpeg.
  • Additionally, minidlna was updated to the latest upstream version, and some of Asus's customizations were reverted, fixing the stability issues of the recent releases.
  • To deal with OpenVPN clients that upgraded to the latest OpenSSL version, the automatically generated Diffie-Hellman is now 2048-bit instead of 512-bit. For performance reasons, a pre-generated one is used (this is perfectly safe). Server instances configured with any DH below 1024-bit is automatically upgraded to this 2048-bit one.
  • Resource optimizations on the RT-AC87U (4 MB of RAM saved) and other ARM models (buffers are no longer regularly flushed, for better overall performance - that buffer memory will get automatically freed if required by actual applications, so higher memory usage is perfectly normal).
  • A few other bug fixes and improvements - see the changelog for more info

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

I would ask people to keep this thread on-topic to changes or feedback SPECIFIC to this new release. General support requests will be either mover to another thread, deleted, or just ignored, depending on my mood at the time I see them. :) Past release threads always went far too long as every one started using these threads for general requests, leaving them lost in the flood of posts. Separate posts allows people to more easily keep track of them, including future forum visitors looking for answers to specific questions.

Had to reset to factory defaults after upgrading. Wireless didn't come back up and when I tried the wired connection it wouldn't get a DHCP address coming from 378.54_2.

Strange o_O , i don't think a new driver was introduced in this build for N66U.
I did a clean update (reset) and wifi went off for 5 seconds then went back on again normally just for the first boot after resetting. I have 68P
---------
Merlin i m seeing this and VPN is not on
Jul 17 23:26:19 bcrelay[872]: Running as child :D

Had to reset to factory defaults after upgrading. Wireless didn't come back up and when I tried the wired connection it wouldn't get a DHCP address coming from 378.54_2.

You probably just needed to do a power cycle - same thing happened here when I tested the build.

I noticed that the new beta 7177 for AC87U has a fix for login if the router has a 10.x.x.x address.

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to login to 378.55_0 if you are on a 10.x.x.x network?

I noticed that the new beta 7177 for AC87U has a fix for login if the router has a 10.x.x.x address.

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to login to 378.55_0 if you are on a 10.x.x.x network?

378.55 is based on 6117.

Hi Merlin. Is this release the same as beta 2 or have there been some other changes?

I've been running beta 2 without issue and the WiFi and parental scheduling are working fine.

Thanks as always,

HB

Hi Merlin. Is this release the same as beta 2 or have there been some other changes?

I've been running beta 2 without issue and the WiFi and parental scheduling are working fine.

Thanks as always,

HB

Seriously, are you incapable of clicking the change log link in the first post? :rolleyes:

"This build merges with Asus's GPL 378_6117". 7117? :)
Running smooth on AC87U and AC66U with DD-WRT in Bridge Mode as this is still broken in Asus and Merlin builds.
Thank you for a superb release Merlin!

update done this morning on my RT-AC87U, all works OK (except browser does not remember password anymore ;see other specific thread on this)

Thanks for the release Merlin

I'm trying to upgrade from 378.55 Beta 2 on my RT-AC66U. I get a black pop-up "Please wait, applying settings..." that seems to stall forever (usually I also see a percentage increasing up to 100%)

When I connect to the router in another browser tab the Reboot button/link is no longer working (a pop-up appears, but the rooter does not boot).

How can I upgrade now? (I have upgraded several times before, but never experienced this behavior)

I'm trying to upgrade from 378.55 Beta 2 on my RT-AC66U. I get a black pop-up "Please wait, applying settings..." that seems to stall forever (usually I also see a percentage increasing up to 100%)

When I connect to the router in another browser tab the Reboot button/link is no longer working (a pop-up appears, but the rooter does not boot).

How can I upgrade now? (I have upgraded several times before, but never experienced this behavior)

You should try the Asus recovery tool to burn the FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.