What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 and Factory Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MADenglis

New Around Here
A quick question from me, I have an RT-AX88U and successfully running 384.11 firmware without issue. I've been upgrading the Merlin Firmware over the top each time.

Is it recommended to do a Factory default, any benefit even though the router is running fine?

Factory reset is certainly recommended but.....will admit that I have never done one with this router (since new) in two years on Merlin over multiple updates. I always thought I would just flash the new firmware and see if any issues first, never had any so never did it. (will undoubtedly be getting some heat now!)

A quick question from me, I have an RT-AX88U and successfully running 384.11 firmware without issue. I've been upgrading the Merlin Firmware over the top each time.

Is it recommended to do a Factory default, any benefit even though the router is running fine?
Unless there is a recommendation to reset, I don't. Been a good rule for me anyway. Been updating without issue for several updates.

Factory reset is certainly recommended but.....will admit that I have never done one with this router (since new) in two years on Merlin over multiple updates. I always thought I would just flash the new firmware and see if any issues first, never had any so never did it. (will undoubtedly be getting some heat now!)

If it's running fine, leave well enough alone. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-140#post-489879

But if and when you do need to carry out a factory reset - perhaps because Merlin deems it essential in a new update or because you run into problems - then this guide and information in the rest of the thread is your starting point. It’s a good idea to bookmark it in your browser.

on my AC86U, after doing upgrade, all work fine. Then after factory reset, I notice that the temperature has dropped by 8°C and the size of the configuration backups has dropped by 2ko

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!