Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_6 is now available

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_6 is now available for all supported models. This is a minor point release that contains fixes against Fragattack security issues, as well as a few other minor fixes and updates.

Code:
  - NOTE: The IRC channel, #asuswrt, has moved to the
          Libera IRC network (https://libera.chat/).

  - UPDATED: chart.js to 2.9.4.
  - UPDATED: tor to 0.4.5.8.
  - UPDATED: root certificate bundle to June 5th 2021.
  - FIXED: Fragattack security issues


Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
 

shabbs

Senior Member
Let's do this.

EDIT: Filthy upgrade on my main router from 386.2_4. So far so good. Devices all re-connected.

Speed test checks out on-par with expected results (1000/30 connection).

 
Last edited:

Gar

Very Senior Member
All A-OK, thanks again!
 

netware5

Very Senior Member
Dirty upgraded from 386.2_4. No issues so far. Thanks, Merlin!
 

ColDen

Occasional Visitor
Did a dirty upgrade from 386.2_4 and did not encounter any issues. Thanks Merlin.
 

octopus

Very Senior Member
Updated two routers and all working fine.

This have not seen before:
Code:
Jun  6 21:37:34 dnsmasq[1388]: junk found in command line
Jun  6 21:37:34 dnsmasq[1388]: FAILED to start up
Jun  6 21:37:38 dnsmasq[1395]: started, version 2.84-42-g433dc70 cachesize 1500

Thank you !
@RMerlin
 
Last edited:

Pedro

Occasional Visitor
Now the nodes (ac68u) are finally operating in gigabit on lan and wifi signal quite stable.

Thanks for this one
 
Last edited:

MysticGold04

Regular Contributor
I have also downgraded from 386.3 alpha1 - no issues noted. Thanks Merlin!!
 

Morac

Senior Member
Upgraded from 386.2_4 to 386.2_6 on my RT-AC88U. I'm getting a significant amount of packet loss on 5 GHz on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air on the usual channels I use (44 and 48). I had to put my router into auto which picked channel 149. That got rid of the packet loss, though my download speeds dropped as there is more noise on that channel and lower signal strengths.
 

JohnSmith

Regular Contributor
Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V386.2_4 Final to V386.2_6 Final via dirty firmware upgrade. 40+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, many IOT devices, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers. Still postponing adding RT-AX58U with V386.2_2 Final into AiMesh 2.0, until Guest Network #01 issue is fixed, as Guest network is #01, and IOT devices is #02 currently in my setup.
 

cptnoblivious

Regular Contributor
Quick dirty upgrade on my AX58U from v386.2 to v386.2_6, all back up.

I may have been the first download on the AX58U (based on the stats shown) so I thought I'd post up.
 

Morac

Senior Member
Upgraded from 386.2_4 to 386.2_6 on my RT-AC88U. I'm getting a significant amount of packet loss on 5 GHz on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air on the usual channels I use (44 and 48). I had to put my router into auto which picked channel 149. That got rid of the packet loss, though my download speeds dropped as there is more noise on that channel and lower signal strengths.

I started getting packet loss on 149/80 as well. Tried switching back to 44 which was good for a short while and then got packet loss again. Even if there isn't packet loss, Jitter is all over the place. Then about 30 seconds later it's fine again for awhile and then bad again. I've seen packet loss before, but usually it goes away after a short while. I've never seen it on all frequencies.

I ran a site survey and there's nothing on 149. There's something on 44, but at low power. I don't know why this is happening.

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
1604 packets transmitted, 1604 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 2.901/15.819/492.675/40.116 ms

edit: flashed back to 2_4 and saw the same problem, Flashed back to 2_6 and powered off my iPhone, iPad and MacBook during the reboot. Afterwards powered back on and so far so good.
 
Last edited:

AlbumMan

New Around Here
Quick dirty upgrade on my AX58U from v386.2 to v386.2_6, all back up.

I may have been the first download on the AX58U (based on the stats shown) so I thought I'd post up.
I thought the same thing when downloading it earlier this afternoon when it showed "0" and again after that.
Either way, all reconnected immediately after a dirty upgrade from 386.2_4 on my AX3000U (same as AX58U).
 

learning_curve

Occasional Visitor
Dirty upgrade from 386.2_4 No issues, no additional log entries, it's all good. Thanks again Merlin
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top