What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2_4 is now available for the GT-AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
A critical issue with the GT-AXE11000 wireless driver was addressed by Asus. They strongly recommend that GT-AXE11000 owners update to this version as soon as possible.

This is the only affected model, and there are no other changes over 388.2_2.

Code:
388.2_4 (17-Aug-2023)
  - NOTE: This release is only for the GT-AXE11000.

- UPDATED: Critical Wireless driver update, Asus strongly
             recommends updating.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Don't own this model just curious though did Asus say what the issue is ?

By the sound of the short "Yes" response, I suspect that we will not be hearing the details (security/proprietary/confidential/etc...).

If I have already updated to 3004.388.4 beta, do I need to update this version 388.2_4 ?

If I have already updated to 3004.388.4 beta, do I need to update this version 388.2_4 ?

Yes, as the fixed driver is not included in beta 3 (I only received it two days ago). It will be included in 388.4 final.

Yes, as the fixed driver is not included in beta 3 (I only received it two days ago). It will be included in 388.4 final.
Thanks, 🙏🙏

Thanks RMerlin taking security seriously and taking the time to make the 388.2_4 build! If it is important enough for you to update an "old" build for only 1 model then I know it's important: I am installing it now.

Does it matter if the AXE11000 is standalone/master or an AiMesh node?
No, since the fix is related to wifi then it also concerns nodes.